Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Wife got a swarm  (Read 3484 times)

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
Wife got a swarm
« on: May 11, 2009, 07:56:23 pm »
I got a call today while at work.  The people had called around for about 2 hours trying to find a beekeeper, finally they called an individual who has our hives on their farm.  My wife was in the area, so I called her and she went to check it out. They were on a low branch of a tree that had been cut down.  Home she went, got the box, some frames and sugar water spray bottle and the rest is history.  I'm proud of her.  It seems the beekeeping has rubbed off.... :-D

David

Offline Grandma_DOG

• House Bee
  • Build it, and they will comb.
    • LearningBeekeeping
Re: Wife got a swarm
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 10:33:22 pm »
Can I get your wife to talk to my wife?  ;)

Mine can't stand bees.
Here is my new book on Swarm Trapping at http://learningbeekeeping.com/beekeeping-articles/how-to-swarm-trap/ and follow me on youtube at OutOfaBlueSky

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 11:07:35 pm »
David, they is noway  my wife would done that
You are lucky man for have a wife who is willing to catch bee for you

Johnny

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 11:37:13 pm »
Your's and mine!  We're a couple of lucky guy's.

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 11:40:30 am »
Your's and mine!  We're a couple of lucky guy's.

Indeed we are HAB. 

Bees are doing fine, moved them from the swarm box and put them in a nuc this morning.

David 

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 08:58:32 pm »
there are a few great wives! mine has hived swarms,built frames bottles honey and will go th the hives and pet the guard bees!  she also doesnt get stung very often! she will also come along on cutouts and assist me very often!

gotta love a woman like that!
bailey
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 12:46:02 am »
Cool Bailey, definitely a partner.  I think it grows on them.  It is an adventure sometimes.

David

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 11:27:42 am »
David, hey I meant comment a few days ago, but got sidetracked.  You got one special gal there, the fact that she would venture out like that, helping do that stuff is nothing short of cool and cool.  Tell her to keep on keepin' on, she will indeed be that partner-in-crime with ya, yay!!! Takin' my hat off to her, smiling.  Have that great and most wonderful day, lovin' our great live we are groovin' on.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 01:14:20 pm »
and we should not forget those special husbands.  not many would go face first digging into an attic hive to save his wife more stings   :-D.  of course...there is always a price for these acts of kindness  :evil:.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

anything