Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Know where to get one of these?  (Read 7216 times)

Offline 2Sox

• House Bee
Re: Know where to get one of these?
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 09:46:47 am »
Found a great deal on Craigs List.  Just bought this one for $150.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/for/3235931262.html

Size of a 6 or 7 gallon bucket and like new.  Will be putting it to use shortly.

And JPBeegetter,
That "Undies" idea is great.  Will be looking for some to put inside this press.
"Good will is the desire to have something else stronger and more beautiful for this desire makes oneself stronger and more beautiful." - Eli Siegel, American educator, poet, founder of Aesthetic Realism

Offline Oblio13

• House Bee
    • Philosophizing with a Hammer
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 10:26:44 am »
I use a potato ricer.

Offline 2Sox

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2012, 10:59:57 am »
What's a potato ricer??
"Good will is the desire to have something else stronger and more beautiful for this desire makes oneself stronger and more beautiful." - Eli Siegel, American educator, poet, founder of Aesthetic Realism

Offline Oblio13

• House Bee
    • Philosophizing with a Hammer
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2012, 01:17:44 pm »
What's a potato ricer??

You put a potato in it and squeeze the handles to make mashed potatoes. Works great with handfuls of comb. Presses out the honey and leaves a little puck of wax. Make sure you get a heavy-duty one or it won't last. This is the one I have:

http://www.amazon.com/Browne-Cuisipro-Stainless-Steel-Potato-Ricer/dp/B00004SU1J
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 03:15:05 pm by Oblio13 »

Offline JPBEEGETTER

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2012, 03:46:51 pm »
I would die of old age before getting enough honey to be worth while..might as well use garlic press.

Offline 2Sox

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2012, 06:56:23 pm »
Well, to each his tools for his needs.  I've been working about thirty hives this season - mostly foundationless - and that wine press would suit my needs just fine.