Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Florida Trip  (Read 3388 times)

Offline deknow

• Field Bee
    • Golden Rule Honey, LLC
Florida Trip
« on: November 05, 2010, 12:37:33 am »
Hi all,

Ramona and I have been in Florida for the state beekeeping conference, and had the chance to do a bunch of other fun bee stuff while down here (including removals with Keith Councell).
http://picasaweb.google.com/Dean.Ramona/Florida#

deknow

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Florida Trip
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 12:56:03 am »
Fantastic! Sam looks like he's milking it for all it's worth :-D and Brendhan can sure work a crowd huh? Looks like you had a fun trip for sure...thanks for posting the pics!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 01:09:02 am »
Was this before Sam's new tattoo?

Great pics.

I believe those are Cuban tree frogs. I caught some in the Everglades in 1989. Make certain to wash your hands thoroughly after handling them. Their toxins can burn your eyes for hours, not that I would know this first hand or anything.  ;)

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 10:26:04 am »

I believe those are Cuban tree frogs. I caught some in the Everglades in 1989. Make certain to wash your hands thoroughly after handling them. Their toxins can burn your eyes for hours, not that I would know this first hand or anything.  ;)

...JP

Was that after you tried to lick their back or before? lol

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 12:20:30 pm »
Taking a break from catching pygmy rattle snakes, huge yellow rat snakes, legless lizards, Cuban anoles amongst other things, I came across this Cuban tree frog.

After handling him I made sure to wash my hands thoroughly but must have missed a spot.

Bout an hour later I rubbed my left eye and it started tearing up and burning some. Figured it was the frog.

Kept washing my eye out, finally quit burning after about three hours of agony.

Would actually prefer licking it.  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline deknow

• Field Bee
    • Golden Rule Honey, LLC
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 01:32:12 pm »
....at least you rubbed your eye before you had to pee (ouch!)

deknow