Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee Feeders theOZer Uses  (Read 3541 times)

Offline theOZer

• New Bee
  • Backyard Beekeeper, Life Enthusiast, Game On!
Bee Feeders theOZer Uses
« on: September 11, 2015, 01:29:48 am »
theOZer showcases three types of bee feeders.  Only use sugar made from sugar cane, labeled Pure CANE Sugar.  OK.
Love Bees,  theOZer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFOK1Gs3jMk
Love Bees

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
Re: Bee Feeders theOZer Uses
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 05:05:42 pm »
Where I live there is usually a lot of humidity. I just take bags of sugar open them in the house in the humidity and then when the turn into bricks I put them in an empty box on top of light hives.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline theOZer

• New Bee
  • Backyard Beekeeper, Life Enthusiast, Game On!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 10:57:07 am »
Your sugar cakes are an excellent food supplement for your bees.  Thank you for this valued input, your usage of sugar cake.
Love Bees

Offline Ed Gallop

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 10:10:50 pm »
If I did that I'd be feeding bees from miles around. I rarely feed but when I do I use gallon size Zip Lock bags in a 3" section cut from  hive box and place under the inner lid. I cut a "X" in the bag after laying it down. It is very rare or impossible to lose a bee by getting in the sugar water. They crawl in the opening and clean out the bag after the bag empties to the bottom. The system you have is very nice when providing water though. Looks very nice too.