Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bees in Memphis  (Read 7494 times)

Offline jgiles

• New Bee
Bees in Memphis
« on: December 16, 2008, 04:45:19 pm »
Hi, I am new to beekeeping and live in the Memphis, Tn area.  I was wondering if there was anyone nearby who would sell packaged bees this spring

Offline Big John

• House Bee
Re: Bees in Memphis
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 01:22:11 pm »
The Walter T. Kelly Co. in KY sells packaged bees, you can look them up on the net.
"Semper Fi"

Offline catfishbill

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 10:54:44 am »
hello jgiles,i am also in the memphis area.i live south of mem.the memphis area beekeepers are having a meeting this monday jan 12th at 7pm. at the agri center.you are more than welcome to attend.in our local news letter there was an announcement about the state of tenn giving grant money to new beekeepers to purchase new hives and equipment,(miss also has just done this).also there will be a new beekeepers short course offered by our bee club in march.the folks in our club are a wealth of info and will help you out if they can.some members also sell bees.hope this helps.sorry it took so long to reply.  bill

Offline TNsTeve

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 03:15:19 pm »
There is a guy in Finger, TN... His name is Mike Harris... and he does bee removals in Memphis.... Also Jester Bee Co. in AR
Good luck!
Steve

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2022, 05:17:21 pm »
I know this is an old post. Are any of you posters still keeping bees?

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

anything