Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beekeeping driven purchases.... :-)  (Read 7053 times)

Moots

Beekeeping driven purchases.... :-)
« on: June 08, 2013, 07:15:30 pm »
Well, like any new hobby that you get involved in, it's always a little more "involved" and expensive than anticipated.  There's always overlooked equipment, either needed are simply desired, that you can only resist for so long.

Some of this optional equipment hits the pocket book a little harder than others.  

I picked up this little Beekeeping driven purchase today.   :-D
I'm probably one of the few red blooded American males who had never really had the fever or desire to own a truck....REALLY, NEVER!  Add this to the list of thing Beekeeping has changed in my life.  :laugh:

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Beekeeping driven purchases.... :-)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 08:07:05 pm »
You still don't own a truck. That's a Dodge.   :evil:   :lau:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Moots

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 08:33:05 pm »
You still don't own a truck. That's a Dodge.   :evil:   :lau:

iddee,
I prefer to think of it as Moter Trends "Truck of the year"!   ;)
LINK

Also, Edmunds.com's choice for truck of the year...But I'm sure you know more then they do.  :laugh:
LINK

Offline Arkwood

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 08:43:40 pm »
I'd buy a Dodge before Found On Road Dead with a Chevy

But if I had my choice, a Toyota probably.
What are words for, when no one listens anymore.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 08:47:24 pm »
I just know Dodge means....Dodge the payments until you can get it running again.   :-D

TOYOTA, made in USA.

Arkwood,
Ford, Chevy, Dodge, made in Canada and Mexico.

I buy American made, even if it carries a foreign name.  :th_thumbsupup:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Dimmsdale

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 08:50:40 pm »
You're gonna have to sell a couple of buckets of honey to break even on that one!   :evil:  Nice truck!  Relish in your additional redneck points!  :-D

Offline Arkwood

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 09:03:22 pm »
I just know Dodge means....Dodge the payments until you can get it running again.   :-D

TOYOTA, made in USA.

Arkwood,
Ford, Chevy, Dodge, made in Canada and Mexico.

I buy American made, even if it carries a foreign name.  :th_thumbsupup:

I have a Prius and Camry Hybrid. Not sure if they were made here or not but... my last 2 cars were also prius and camry hybrid just older models.

Moots

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 09:31:51 pm »

I buy American made, even if it carries a foreign name.  :th_thumbsupup:

I buy the best product I can for my money...Probably the most American (i.e. Supporting Capitalism) thing anyone can do.

The whole concept of capitalism is that companies who produce quality products at a competitive price, survive...The ones that don't perish.  Pretty simple actually!

There was a time when American automakers were producing crap, and knew it...People buying them, simply because they were American made, did nothing but exacerbate the problem.
Buying an inferior product, simply because it's American made, is about as unAmerican as it gets in my opinion.

Offline Arkwood

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 09:41:00 pm »
Well moots, take a picture when it's fully in action...

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 01:20:39 am »
3 of my last 4 trucks were rams.  i've got a 2011 now that i've already managed to put 90k on.  had a 2009 before that that i'd still have today if some idiot hadn't rear ended me at about 60mph while i was stopped (drove that truck for another month until his insurance decided it would be better to settle with me quickly since i was only asking for the assessed damage and diminished value on my truck instead of getting an attorney).  had a P.O.S. 2006 ford before that that was worn out by 60k miles, a 2001 ram before that.  it was all chevies and fords before that. they're good trucks.  they're supposed to be coming out with 1500 diesels in january.  

Offline dprater

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 08:28:12 am »
Man can make up any excuse for buying whatever he wants and use any means he needs to justify it.
I got into remote control planes and used my son (who was 10 at the time) as a excuse to buy all the equipment you (NEED). Must have sent thousands over the years I was in the hobby.

ps My son only went to the field a few times and never took a liking to it (but I did).

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 08:56:13 am »
AT least that is the reason you gave yourself or your better half why you needed that!  :-D As for the purchases, all I can say is it does not stop.
Seems as though I just purchased 100 frames and am needing other stuff. Had 6 strong hives beginning of the year and now running 20 and if it wasn't for removals I do on the side I would be pulling money out the family funds which would not be cool. Seems like I am adding supers on every couple weeks now over here. :) All foundationless here and need to ask CD again what is the best extractor for them as I had a memory lapse last time I asked. :? Too much going on upstairs and not enough time is all. ;)
Blanc
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 10:35:44 am »
Good going Moots, vehicles are like kind of bees, supers and foundation or not, it's what ever you like.  I have a 1993 small Toyota, still runs great.  As far as having a truck, my first vechile was a truck, and have had several since.  All Chevy's before this one.  Good luck to you and your truck.

Joe

Offline PLAN-B

• House Bee
  • When all else fails go to PLAN-BEE
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 12:15:55 pm »
Apparently you are putting that "forgiveness is easy to get, than permission" theory to the final test.... Lol :-D
Congrats on the truck. Looks good...
Marshall

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 03:17:27 pm »
Blanc.   What you need is a non radial type extractor for foundationless.  Dadant little wonder is an example.
Bailey
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 04:08:14 pm »
Blanc.   What you need is a non radial type extractor for foundationless.  Dadant little wonder is an example.
Bailey
Thanks CD and I thought that is what you said. So much stirring my head is spinning :shock:  ;) Adding those supers like mad!  :-D
Blanc
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline millipede

• House Bee
    • Bayou Bees
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 07:34:35 pm »
Nice truck Moots. Maybe I will catch sight of it on my way to the office one day lol.
I bought a truck for "camping" back in 2009. We only use it for camping. It has 11000 miles on it today. Most expensive piece of camping equipment ever.

Bailey, why a non radial extractor for foundationless?

Offline Jackam

• House Bee
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 01:40:37 am »
You're going to LOVE that truck!
I wonder how many more you'll own in your life?! I'll bet it's not gonna be your last.

Offline JPinMO

• House Bee
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 03:19:55 am »

I buy the best product I can for my money...Probably the most American (i.e. Supporting Capitalism) thing anyone can do.

The whole concept of capitalism is that companies who produce quality products at a competitive price, survive...The ones that don't perish.  Pretty simple actually!

Excellent point, Mr Moots. X:X
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters
cannot be trusted in large ones either."  Albert Einstein

Offline JPinMO

• House Bee
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 03:20:46 am »
You still don't own a truck. That's a Dodge.   :evil:   :lau:

:lau: :lau: :lau:
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters
cannot be trusted in large ones either."  Albert Einstein