Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Newcomer  (Read 3717 times)

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
Newcomer
« on: February 18, 2005, 02:43:12 am »
Another Aussie novice enjoying the advice & tips from people around the world. Had a hive when at school , a long time ago & have now found the time & desire to pick up the hobby again. Have started off with one hive  5 months ago and have alredy extracted approximatel 60 lbs of honey.
Cheers to everyone & the great feedback is appreciated.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Newcomer
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 03:24:03 am »
Welcome geoff!!! :D  :D  :D
Ryan Horn

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 03:32:49 am »
welcome to the site Geoff :wink:
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 05:57:10 am »
Great to have you here.
Welcome to the madness!
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Newcomer
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 11:31:25 am »
Geoff:

Welcome Aboard the Forums!!!! As you see, we have a nice welcoming committee, or as I call them - other members who love to see who walks through the door next :)

True though, we really enjoy meeting new people of ALL LEVELS of BEEKEEPING experience. Tomorrow (actually today your time now) is our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY and I could not be more pleased at the gathering that the forum has accomplished.

As you travel about the different forums, you will notice we offer many NON-BEEKEEPING topics which help all of us to better get to know each other - especially now that up in this part of the world we are Still in Winter. Times are slow, and we all keep our fingers crossed that we did everything we were supposed to last Fall to prepare for whatever Winter could throw at us.

Have fun, share stories, photos and links to your favorite sits if you'd like - we have chatrooms, private messaging and internal emailing between members. If you every have any technical questions to the forums operation, there are plenty of people to help and when it's quiet and you just feel like hanging back, we have thousands of posts in archive available through the search feature.

Welcome again, and I'm glad the bee bug has again bitten you - being heavy into your Summer and netting 60 pounds of honey is awesome. I'm in a fairly condensed area with many retirement home villages (I'm a bit younger at 46 so not part of the village crowd) but I'm the hole in the senior donut here - most of my pollen come from a massive State Protected woodlands reserve called the Pinelands which literally starts at my front door and a good deal of my nectar here is from cranberrybogs, blueberry fields and lilypad/wildflower patches along the Toms River, a long and twisted branch of fresh water that feeds out to the Atlantic Ocean which is about 16 miles East of here.

Talk again I'm sure, best wishes with your hive - sounds like you are doing fine!!!!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.