Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: AUSSIE GEOFF's NEW YORK CITY TRIP VIDEO  (Read 4826 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
AUSSIE GEOFF's NEW YORK CITY TRIP VIDEO
« on: April 19, 2009, 02:59:18 am »
Okay, I mentioned in a previous post that my camera hasn't been connecting to my computer - problems solved and TONIGHT I fianlly got a chance to toss together a short video of our member Geoff and me visiting NYC, Times Square, Ground Zero and The Empire State Building.

My only sad commentary is that nearly 7 years after 9-11, take a look at Ground Zero. It was shocking to see it still look like this, I hope in the 11 months since we were there that things have greatly changed. They still call for a 2012 completion date of the new structure.

I just finished uploading the video to Youtube. It isn't my greatest production, I'm just pleased that I finally got to get some footage together to show you all. I will not go without videoing everything next time - Geoff was here 4 days and I really don't have any other stuff to upload - ugh.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfM2Uxotgs0[/youtube]

I promise, at Buds house next weekend, anything that moves will be photographed and videotaped!!!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 09:11:27 pm by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
Re: AUSSIE GEOFF's NEW YORK CITY TRIP VIDEO
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 09:41:44 pm »
        Oh how I wish I was doing it all again. To think that we visited Queens, Ground Zero, Times Square, Bubba Gumps, the Empire State Building, saw the Staue of Liberty all in one day and still arrived home with our cameras was a lifelong memory.
         I had not realised that you were using your video option but everyone has enjoyed watching it.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 09:55:15 pm »
Geoff:

Just glad that I got the camera to sinc with the laptop again, it is the restart of my prolific Youtube days, starting with your video and NEXT the Bud Trip - I'll do my best to make you feel like you are there with us!!!

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 03:41:09 am »
Geoff:

If you have any photos online or otherwise from your trip you'd like to share, I'd love to put a slideshow together, toss in a music track of your choice and assemble it for the members to see. I'm pathetic and sad I don't have any other video (I had an hour of Empire State and Ground Zero stuff) but it all looks the same after a while - I do have the SD Memory Card from the camera I haven't checked yet, I think I have some stills from that day :)

Bud's will be different, I'm determined to collect too much video and stills, enough to make everyone who can't attend to get a feeling of what it was like to be there! That is my new goal, I missed my camera and just watching the content on the big TV (as great as that is) is selfish when we have an active membership here that enjoys sharing experiences through posts and all the neat content we have today.

I admire Buzzbee, JP and others who have uploaded hundreds and thousands of images, where hopefully the TECHIE companies live long and prosper - in Buzzbees case, I enjoy watching Buzzbeejr growing up and seeing him enjoying all the great stuff he gets to do - oh, to be 14 again and to live in this Internet/Electronic Toy world we now live in.

Back to Bud's, what a shame it costs as much or more to get from LA to Bud's local airport as it does from Australia to LA - how on Earth does that make sense, and you wonder why the airlines aren't in much better shape than the housing market and loan institutions. I know if Margaret (sp.) gave you the ok, and USA airlines didn't want to rip you off - you'd be there as fast as the planes could get you there. But I have a feeling that we'll all get together again, hopefully sooner than later - it would have been great if you and Dallas had been here at the same time, the Philadephia Gathering would have been really special with the Buzzbees and CWBees and next time, we are gonna get a real early start and really hit the town - so much to do in Philly and lots of other places nearby too.

These gatherings, all of them involving all the members are the one thing I take most pride in - creating a place where people can meet and become friends, gather nightly and talk to each other for hours, then meet and form memories that will last them a life time and then share those memories with the rest of us - makes fellow proud to play even a small part in :)

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 04:55:10 am »
Geeze, Geoff on a video, all I hear is sirens and all I see is coppers and its only 1 min into the vid! I didnt tell em you were visiting, It wasnt me!

More sirens, geeze not a bad tan geoff, was that a brewery? it looks as big as the Empire State Building!! Crikey now youre in Paris at the Eiffel Tower, I can speak frog too you know.

Theres the Statue of Liberty, you know the french collected pennies and had one shipped out to the US after the war. 5.36 in, whats that about VD? geeze, what a trip.

Theres a golf ball, whats that about corners? you complaining about all the tourists in the corners geoff? "Hes got a gun" usually works. Im surprised you didnt get into the drivers seat of the bus.

Blimey, was that you taking pics of the big fat flying rat?

Wheres the rest, wheres the bit where you both went to the budabing?

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 03:39:55 pm »
Mick:

The sirens and activity in Times Square was cops in an alert mode, just 12 hours earlier a bicyclist peddled past an Army(?) recruiting cnter - small rectangle building practically in the middle of the street in some of those shots, and he fire bombed it. The police and protesters were out in force that day.

As Geoff mentioned, we ate lunch at Bubba-Gumps across from ABC-TV studios and watched the activity only a hundred or so feet out the window.

Ground Zero was the shocker, I hope that what we saw was the last of the foundation work and that this project is finally moving along - but any more I see the year 2012 as much as I see the time 11:11 and it is getting creepy.

The talking you herd on the bus was probably the strangest highlight on the trip - a young punk (I think mentally challenged) but still an Ahole ekpt wanting to see our cameras and Geoff protested about it because he didn't want this apparently drugged out idot (slow or not) touching his stuff. The kid got loud and nasty, words were exchanged and I clipped all that part out, but I'll tell you what, if anything phsical had occurred, Geoff would have wiped the floor with the guy, Geoff is in phanominal shape and could have torn off the Ahole's arms and beat him to death with them.

I still remember running to get back to Port Authority Bus Terminal to catch out return bus and Geoff was hauling at mach 1, I was somewhere back in the sonic boom - lol.

Fun day, minus waiting 2.5 hours to get to the top of the Empire State Building, every time we turned a corner or took an elevator, there was another line, even bigger than the one we were already in.