Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Russia warns Obama: Global war over bee apocalypse!  (Read 2754 times)

Offline rubeehaven2

• House Bee
Russia warns Obama: Global war over bee apocalypse!
« on: May 26, 2013, 07:35:32 pm »
This article is about as disturbing as it gets!  A must read for all....not only beeks.

www.eutimes.net/2013/05/russia-warns-obama-global-war-over-bee-apocalypse-coming-soon/

Rich :'(

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
Re: Russia warns Obama: Global war over bee apocalypse!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 08:19:15 pm »
So it seems. Wasps have taken over the beehive. Amen.

Putin shows to cranes a way to south. On his first flight only one crane followed him (due to high winds, it was reported by the RIA Novosti news agency). His second was more successful, with five birds in tow initially, before three lost interest and broke rank.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 08:34:38 pm by Finski »
Language barrier NOT included

Offline don2

• Doak
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 08:30:19 pm »
How come when I click on it server not found pops up.

If it is anything like what iddee posted, my notion is it don't need to be here anyhow.

:roll: :) d2

Offline rubeehaven2

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 10:46:59 pm »
What concerns me is the amount of truth that may be within the article.

For example:
"It is clear that these chemicals have the potential to affect entire food chains. The environmental persistence of the neonicotinoids[, their propensity for runoff and for groundwater infiltration, and their cumulative and largely irreversible mode of action in invertebrates raise significant environmental concerns,” said Cynthia Palmer, co-author of the report and Pesticides Program Manager for ABC, one of the nation’s leading bird conservation organizations.

I am glad to find out the validity of the source, but is there some truths within it?

Thanks, Rich

Offline ggileau

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 11:21:20 am »
Imagine if Ronald Reagan passed a bill that allowed Johns Manville to not only mine and produce asbestos but also held them harmless from any responsibility for that product.
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 10:51:43 pm »
With all the different compounds companies are coming up with who knows what the long term effects will be. It's better not to even think about it because you have no control over what happens.
Later,
Ray

salvo

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 11:27:14 pm »

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 11:43:02 pm »
I know it sounds bad even fatalistic  but unfortunately this is real life we're talking about. Large corporations control nations. Only when people start to die as a result of these inventions will something be done. I mean look around you can you not see the changes taking place all for the sake of progress.
Anyway just the state of the world as I see it. Let's talk about honeybees.
Later,
Ray

Offline melliferal

• House Bee
  • @Checkmite
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 02:01:08 am »
Let's see; the article said Putin already banned GM corn in Russia.  I have an idea: Putin should ban neonicotinoids in Russia too.  That way all bees in Russia should be safe.  World war averted.

That was easy; what next?
Recently moved; re-keeping in 2014.

anything