Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My new "Custom" smoker  (Read 5681 times)

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
My new "Custom" smoker
« on: February 04, 2008, 10:45:50 pm »
Just got my new camera today and wanted to take a pic so I thought I'd share my new "Customized" W.T. Kelley smoker.  :-)

Sean Kelly

By w7spk, shot with FinePix S5700 S700 at 2008-02-04
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: My new "Custom" smoker
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 10:52:54 pm »
Looks good Sean!!!!

......JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline UtahBees

• House Bee
    • My Photos on Flickr
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 11:02:57 pm »
Haha! That's great Sean! Congratulations!

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 11:09:47 pm »
Yeah, thought it'd be funny to burn my first name above the logo with a woodburner.  My wife thinks I'm a nerd.

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 11:12:01 pm »
Yeah, thought it'd be funny to burn my first name above the logo with a woodburner.  My wife thinks I'm a nerd.

Sean Kelly

You and I must be married to the same type of woman.  :)

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 11:37:03 pm »

Sean Kelly

You and I must be married to the same type of woman.  :)

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Wise, wise women!!! :-P  I do think the smoker think is neat though!! :-D
Rick

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 11:11:55 am »
Sean, nice job!!!  And wonderful, you got a new camera, bring on those pics!!!!  That is one whompin' big smoker, I bet you could burn that one for hours, and hours, and hours.  Mine is not that tall, wishin' it was though.  But this year, I am going to take that big leap and try to work the colonies without smoke (not to say that it won't be brewing in the back corner, in case I need it).  We'll see, let you all know how I make out.  I am this one that experiments, hee, hee.  Have a wonderful day in this life we're livin'.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 01:42:18 pm »
Sean and Brendan,
You guys should move out here with me and the you could be married to the same woman. Oh wait, its the other way around. Yeah thats right now I remember we don't allow it to work both ways. Sorry I forgot, nevermind.
Cindi, I want you keep a video journal of you working the bees with no smoke. (HaHaHa) We could make money off of that video.. You should maybe have that great husband of yours try it first. See if he really loves you as much as he says!!
F
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 09:37:52 am »
Frantz, smiling,  :) :) :)  Maybe I will, hee, hee.  Have a wonderful and greatest of days, lovin' life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 09:51:39 am »
Sean, nice job!!!  And wonderful, you got a new camera, bring on those pics!!!!  That is one whompin' big smoker, I bet you could burn that one for hours, and hours, and hours.  Mine is not that tall, wishin' it was though.  But this year, I am going to take that big leap and try to work the colonies without smoke (not to say that it won't be brewing in the back corner, in case I need it).  We'll see, let you all know how I make out.  I am this one that experiments, hee, hee.  Have a wonderful day in this life we're livin'.  Cindi

Please have the camera handy for more "sting pics" heehee ;) of course I don't wish that on you!

......JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 10:34:35 am »
I don't know.  I did work the colonies quite a few times last year with no smoke.  They were still calm....that is why I am even considering this, there will be indeed times I am sure where I will require smoke, but time will tell that tale.  Have this great day, and love our life we live.  Cindi

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 11:57:47 am »
That is awesome cindy, you must have a good group of bees and you must be very calm when you are working them. Maybe I am inspired? Maybe I will try that too???? Nahhhh, I am way to chicken...
F
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 05:22:21 pm »
Sean you have way to much time on your hands 8-)... Repeat after me........
all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JACK A DULL BOY.all work and no play makes jack a dull boy..........
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

anything