Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 7703 times)

Offline knightfamily

• New Bee
Hello everyone
« on: June 24, 2004, 10:51:19 am »
Hi, my name is Shelly. We live in Washington County, GA - near Sandersville. This is our second year having bees. We have 11 hives.

My husband has always wanted to raise bees and he came across someone that was getting out of the business. This guy gave him a veil, gloves, smoker, and a hive tool. We ordered some bees and got started. This was suppose to be his thing but it has turned out to be mine. :?

Last year we got about 10-12 pints of honey-but figured it to more of a sugar water honey, since it wasn't very strong at all and it was very very light. This year so far we have brought in 78lbs and there is more to extract. We don't have extractor but a fellow beekeeper from church let me come over use his 4-frame electric one. Wow was that a time saver and I didn't lose the comb. Last yr it was mess getting the honey out.

I thouroughly enjoyed this forum and I think I have caught up on all conversations. Found and joined the site yesterday. I am looking forward to getting to know you all. And Beth we are really not that far from one another. I have passed through Eastmon on occasion. My husband has friends in Rentz.

Thanks for this forum John.
Shelly Knight

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Hi Shelly
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 12:35:15 pm »
Glad you found the forum and you'll find lots of company here to keep you busy posting, replying and chatting.

I wish I had the room for 11 hives, I'm at thee and I'll be giving Big Rog my third colony the help get him started a SEASON EARLIER than he expected :)

Plenty of members with all levels of experience and we have some swesome images that are posted, you'll get a real kick out of many of them too!

Welcome aboard and happy beekeeping.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
Hello everyone
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 03:59:37 pm »
Hey Shelly-
I looked on a map and saw we're about equal distance apart from eachother to Dublin. We'll have to see about meeting some day. With gas prices as they are, I can't say I'll be going to Sandersville any time soon. :) But it's not out of the question for that to happen someday. But having lunch in Dublin sometime could be quite possible for me.

This is just a short note to you today. I'll make sure and write you more later tonight in PM, and get you my phone number.

I'd love to have some beekeeping friends here close to me. I get to share and visit with everyone on the forum, but it would be even better to visit in person and share over lunch or the phone.

Beth

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
Hello everyone
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 06:13:36 pm »
I was in Atlanta last thanksgiving, my brothers GF's parents live there. If I find myself going there again I will have to let you know.
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
Hello everyone
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 06:14:47 pm »
Welcome and try out our chatroom
Beth seems to be there everynight.
Hey wait so am I
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline knightfamily

• New Bee
Hello everyone
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 09:29:59 am »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I really look forward to sharing our bee experiences.

Today I will be visiting the girls and adding some excluders that don't have them. I will also be adding the GardStart treatment to the ground around the hives late this evening.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Yes, Beth that would be nice - I, too, try to stay off the road but for some reason it does not work out that way. We have 4 boys and there is always something to do. My husband is a brick layer and for some reason he always seems to forget something - so I am always having to take him mortar or some tool he forgot and he wants to know why I have to gas up when I do. Men!! :lol:  :roll:

Anonymous

chatroom?
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2004, 11:36:53 pm »
wheres the chat room located?

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
Hello everyone
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2004, 03:11:36 am »
http://www.beemaster.com/chatroom/index.php?Ver=H&L=english&U=BigRog&E=Default&EN=1

It seems to be a bit empty lately but keep checking in and sooner or later someone will pop up

Offline JOLLYJAE

• New Bee
Hello everyone
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2004, 12:24:55 am »
:wink:

HI SHELLEY AND YOUR FAMILY....

GOOD DAY... JUST WANT TO SAY HELLO...I AM FROM PHILIPPINES...I AM JUST STARTING IN BEEKEEPING, AS OF NOW I HAVE TWO HIVES.  HOPE I CAN BUY YOUR SECOND HAND OR OLD TOOLS IN BEEKEEPING IN A VERY AFFORDABLE PRICES...I BELIEVE YOURS ARE MORE EASY TO USED THAN HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES...I WILL PAY THE TRANSPORTION'S PAYS OR FOR THE PACKAGE PAYS..IF EVER...

MORE POWER...

GOD BLESS.

JOLLY JAE O. OMPOD
JJO

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
Hello everyone
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2004, 03:15:05 am »
What kinds of beekeeping tools are available to you there? What is it that you are having a difficult time finding?

I'd also like to say, if you have just a few "handy man" skills, you can MAKE many of the things needed for a hive and beekeeping.

Beth

anything