Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: greatings from PA  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Tenbears

• New Bee
    • Mountin Man Taxidermy
greatings from PA
« on: June 24, 2013, 11:12:07 am »
I have kept bees off and on since 1965 when I earned my scouting bee keeping merit badge. I started my own apiary in 1968 and have had as many as 60 colonies and as few as 1 depending on where life lead me. I currently have 5 as a target  but work toward 10 because of the attrition rate in keeping   bees today.  I take a rather pragmatic approach to bee keeping trying to keep as chemical free as possible. but will take whatever measures necessary to keep my bees healthy, parasite free and happy, as possible.   

I have a doctorate in veterinary medicine, with a bachelors of science in microbiology and  chemistry.

I work when I like as a taxidermist to make my winters go by, and spend the summer mostly bee keeping. We produce honey and pollen for retail sale and follow strict guidelines to bottle the purest natural honey available.

my pet peeve is people who use acronyms without at least associating it with the complete term at least once so us old farts know what it stands for.    I figure if someone is too lazy to make sure everyone understands what they mean. then I will be too lazy to answer.

other than that I love bees and most of the people who do also. 

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: greatings from PA
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 11:36:59 am »
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Tenbears

• New Bee
    • Mountin Man Taxidermy
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 07:13:26 pm »
Okay Michael, you are covered for all future posts I guess! darn corn huskers any how!

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 08:52:41 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Tenbears.  Glad to hve you here.  Good luck to you and your bees.

Joe

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 10:42:25 pm »
Welcome, glad you found us! :bee:

Offline JPinMO

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 04:43:54 am »
Welcome, Dr Tenbears!

I'm a Centre County native, transplanted to MO 18 years ago when Uncle Sam sent my first husband out here.
My Dad went to college in Clarion.

I'll wave to you as I'm trucking down 80 on my next trip home!

"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters
cannot be trusted in large ones either."  Albert Einstein

anything