Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: No shell egg???  (Read 8393 times)

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
No shell egg???
« on: February 25, 2009, 08:00:13 pm »
I just found an egg with out a shell. Yes I can pick it up and carry it around but got to be careful or I might puncture it.

My wife said she's see them before. Anybody else?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
Re: No shell egg???
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 08:16:52 pm »
YEP!  I kept it in the fridge for months & showed it to everyone brave enough to look!  It just had the membrane right??  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 08:37:32 pm »
Just membrane stuffed with the usual stuffings  :-D
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 11:17:28 pm »
Some time the cycle will get interrupted. They can lay a "soft shell" egg.
Have one with a hard shell with no yellow, have seen one with a hard shell inside a hard shell.
Then of course there is the WOW, double yolk.  It may also be noted that if a hen lays an egg very early in the morning and another in the late after noon of the same day, she is apt to miss the next day. This is not to say all early layers will lay two every day.
It is also known young pullets will try to crow like a rooster, so don't mistakenly kill your young pullets thinking they are frying roosters. :'(
There is a lot to be known about chickens, just peck around and you'll be surprised. :) :roll:  :)doak

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 12:16:35 pm »
Jerry, cool eh?  I've found them too.  Now those are the perfect eggs (and especially if they are double yokers) to throw at someone (oops!!!  did I say that, smiling).  There are indeed strange things done in the midnight sun.  Beautiful day in this beautiful life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 01:48:09 pm »
My dear friend Cindi, we truly are twins! In another lifetime I worked in the flight kitchen @ UAL. Being the only girl in my dpt. for over a year you can imagine the ribbing, teasing, practical jokes those naughty little boys (men) tortured me with!  I found the best weapons were old poached eggs from food units that had been on the back dock for 2 days & blue cheese chunks (soaked in warm water first).  A plastic salad tong has just the right "give" to it making a dandy grenade launcher! :evil:  If you hit someone right between the shoulder blades they can't reach it quickly. The juices & aroma will stay with them for the whole day!  Needless to say after awhile they got to respect my resourcefulness, we were like a big family.  I had 16 big brothers looking out for me!  Also got a great education on "guy" thoughts & was more than ready for the snotty noses & changing kids diapers when I started my daycare!   J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline gmcharlie

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 03:15:00 pm »
maybe a fluke,  maybe diet... are you feeding oystershell suplement?   lack of calium cause thin/no shell....  if they can't get good gravel and calcium from teh ground (cooped up or snow)   it can cause the same issues.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 07:01:00 pm »
Snow  :? It would have to be Winter time for that. We've had 80+ degree days this week.

They get plenty of calcium. And they run free.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 08:43:48 pm »
Those things dehydrate really fast don't they. This thing is only half the egg it was yesterday  :-\

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 12:58:06 pm »
Jerry, do you even get winter there?  Wow, I can't believe it is that warm, we are sitting about 40 degrees, give or take.  Have a most wonderful and awesome day, life, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 04:34:17 pm »
Yeah we get it. It stayed -5F for a week way back around 1986 - 87. We have had a week or two in the teens this year. a small bit of blowing snow. I think the the north east got it all this winter.

OH! and it usually snows the first day of Spring. We will see.

Offline zzen01

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 11:16:41 pm »
When I was growing up on a farm in central Iowa we had for around 5 years a 20,000 bird chicken house(bet ya can't tell what I did for fun in my formative years) and once or twice a month we had a "no-shell" egg show up. They are the same as a shell egg just no shell. I guess that you can use them for cooking.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 10:27:02 am »
So is this post just about shell less chicken eggs? What about shell less quail eggs, or shell less duck eggs or other types of shell less eggs? Why discriminate? Aren't other type of animals shell less eggs worthy of discussion as well?

Hey Jerry, you feeling better?  A little birdy born from a shell less egg told me if you had a nice big bowl of shell less egg drop soup it'll cheer you up in no time. But what kind of shell less egg? There lies the rub Jerry.

...JP :-*
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 02:14:11 pm »
after youve had chickens awhile  strange eggs wont suprize you.   Small ones that can be hard to crack and when you do they have no yoke,  big ones that you hold up and then look for a chicken with a vent large enough to push out this thing the size of a VW, long skinny one very pointy and some that look ribbed like they came from adult book stores.  Oh and there the shell less ones

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 12:46:36 pm »
big ones that you hold up and then look for a chicken with a vent large enough to push out this thing the size of a VW, long skinny one very pointy and some that look ribbed like they came from adult book stores.

Oh Dan, now if that wasn't just something so funnnneeeee and special to read on an early and lazy Sunday morning, that rocked my socks!!!  Yes, I 've seen those eggs that make ya go, hee haw, lawdy daw, where's that chicken with the vent the size of a VW!!!  Beautiful day in this great life, Cindi

Offline gmcharlie

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2009, 08:54:46 pm »
after youve had chickens awhile  strange eggs wont suprize you.   Small ones that can be hard to crack and when you do they have no yoke,  big ones that you hold up and then look for a chicken with a vent large enough to push out this thing the size of a VW, long skinny one very pointy and some that look ribbed like they came from adult book stores.  Oh and there the shell less ones

adult bookstore shaped???  you mean square like a book???

sorry danno,  you outed yourself there,  and I have absolutly no idea what your talking about! :-D

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 10:39:00 pm »
gmcharlie,

I think you have to think along the lines of dildo  :shock:

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2009, 11:10:42 pm »
Whah, whah, whah, whah.... :shock:  Beautiful day in this great life, Cindi

Offline patook

• House Bee
    • Brother Bee Apiary
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 04:59:04 am »
I have seen a small egg ina shell inside a second shell.  Reminded me of the matryoshka dolls.

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 05:15:53 am »
If you keep getting either weak shell or no shell eggs, then it's because your hens aren't getting enough calcium.

My favorite remedy is to eat shrimp for dinner... I give the heads and shells to the hens and the eggs for the next couple of days are the best ever!

anything