Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Three hour's  (Read 8193 times)

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Three hour's
« on: July 27, 2008, 10:34:58 am »
Three hour's after I worked my bee's I was sitting in my chair and got stung by a hideaway bee on my right forarm. Has this happend to any of you out there?
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline timdalyiii

• House Bee
  • Bee Cool
Re: Three hour's
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 10:46:41 am »
I carry everything in a 5 gallon bucket.  After doing an inspection I packed everything up in my bucket.  About a half hour later I found a bee inside my vail that was folded in my bucket.

I don't know how or when it got there.  I don't know how I wasn't stung.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 11:32:21 am »
Three hour's after I worked my bee's I was sitting in my chair and got stung by a hideaway bee on my right forarm. Has this happend to any of you out there?

Nope.  Come to think of it, I've never even sat in your chair :-D

I have found them on my clothes when I come home, but luckily I have never "found" them the way you did. ;)
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline DrKurtG

• House Bee
    • My Bee Journal
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 12:37:09 pm »
Yes. Had a stealth bee on me when I came back into the house. I didn't get stung...but the cat did!

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 01:39:43 pm »
>Has this happend to any of you out there?

Sometimes you get stung. Sometimes you just find a bee in your pocket...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 04:18:30 pm »
Nope.  Come to think of it, I've never even sat in your chair :-D

You need to give some kind of warning before saying something so funny.  My monitor has milk all over it now.   :-D

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 04:43:34 pm »
i have carried them into the house.  they get caught in my hair sometimes and hitch a ride.  got one on the back of my knee once and when i went through the fence is squished it....but not before it nailed me good.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 05:27:50 pm »
OHHhhhYehhhh!!!
That was FUNNY!!!!
 I cant stop grinning like an idiot now! :-D :-D
 I wanna see Irwin in his chair that we all wanna sit in!!

(still grinning!)

your friend,
john

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 01:16:10 am »

Anyone who's been a beekeeper for very long has endured the experience, the worst ones, IMHO, are the bees that are head down in your pocket when you go fishing for your car keys.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 12:40:35 pm »
I found one in my pocket.  She had gone through the rinse cycle with the suit.  :-D 
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 01:56:42 pm »
My bees don't procrastinate, they'll sting me right away  :evil:

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 02:23:25 pm »
Here is the best one that I have had. I finish with the bees come home and hang my jacket on the hanger in the garage. About 3 hours later my wife and I go to HomeDepot, we grab our jackets off the hanger, mine was over hers and yep, 15 mins later as we are getting out of the car at HomeDepot she gets zinged. Boy was I in trouble. I could not believe that little bugger had hitched a ride on my jacket, somehow switched over to her jacket and then got her in the parking lot. I laughed so hard I cried. Or was I laughing when she hit me over the head with her purse and then I cried, I don't remember. Anyway it is something that we laugh about now and now that she loves the bees she looks back on it with a smile.
Frantz
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 02:56:05 pm »
I had one hitchhike on the back of my jeans.

I found out when I hopped into the pickup truck and sat down...  :shock:
Rick

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 04:28:58 pm »
I have loose bees flying around car from april to now. Crawlers are athe worst, they usually sting you before you know they are there. Even my dog looks before he gets in car or near my pollinator coat!
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 07:27:46 pm »
Robo you crack me up  :-D This form is great and so fun to read. The thing is that no mater how dumb I sound you all are nice and informative. Frantz that was funny you are a lucky man my wife would have done allot more then hit me with a purse :-x And johnnybigfish if you ever make it to Lakeside Oregon you would be welcome to sit in my chair. And to the rest of you thank's for your input. The thing is that I was just siting there and all the sudden zing after three hour's. I think I know what happend I upset her home so she thought she would do the same to me :) Have a great day every one.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 07:36:24 pm »
This form is great and so fun to read.

That's what it's all about.

I'm still envious though,  I don't even have a chair that is "mine". :-P
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 07:48:43 pm »
This form is great and so fun to read.
That's what it's all about.
I'm still envious though,  I don't even have a chair that is "mine". :-P

Oh Rob, one day you will get your own chair, look, you have a new patio, now that is a beginning  :) :) :) Beautiful day in this wonderful life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 08:04:06 pm »
http://dailydumper.blogspot.com/2008/01/funny-chairs.html

robo, here are some ideas.  i think you can build most yourself and i bet you'd have no problem with anyone else using it.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 08:21:20 pm »
look, you have a new patio, now that is a beginning 

Not me,  you've got me confused with that highfalutin socialite Buzzbee :shock:

Quote from:  kathyp
http://dailydumper.blogspot.com/2008/01/funny-chairs.html

robo, here are some ideas.  i think you can build most yourself and i bet you'd have no problem with anyone else using it.

They are some comfy looking perches,  but I don't think the wife would allow them in the house :-P

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 08:36:42 pm »
Rob, eeks!!!  I know that it was Ken's patio, whoops, sorry for that silly bit of mistaken identity, hee, hee  :( :) :) :).  Beautiful and most wonderful of days, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service