Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My buck that i got on the Michigan Opener  (Read 4515 times)

Offline JordanM

• House Bee
My buck that i got on the Michigan Opener
« on: November 22, 2008, 11:45:05 am »
I got this 9 point on November 15, opening day in Michigan.  Now ill tell you the story behind it:

I got up at 5 in the morning and got in the woods at 5:45. Got all setup and that morning i saw a 2 point with one horn, a few does, a 4 point, and a 6 point. I went in for lunch at 10 and got back in the woods at 11:45 after talking with some realtives about what they saw and what everyone got.

I got all setup again and at 12 a buck came limping across in front of me. I hurried up and grabbed the gun and got it on him. I whistled once and he kept walking so i whistled again and he stopped long enough for me to make the shot. He ran away with his tail down. I waited 15 minutes and got out and tried to find some blood and some hair, but there was none. So i followed the trail i saw him run to and i picked up some blood 20 yards in, i tracked him for 30 more yards and there he was.

He weighed in at about 100 pounds gutted and he is about 1.5 years old.

I have been pretty lucky this year he is my 6 point that i got during bow season:

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,18097.msg133739.html#msg133739

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: My buck that i got on the Michigan Opener
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 07:09:24 pm »
Nice deer, will be some good eating.

I have killed a truck load of deer in my earlier years. My brother kill one earlier this year. I told him that he could kill me one of he got another chance. So the other morning I got a call about 7:00 am. It was my brother " do you still want a deer?" yes I answered. "Hold on" he said. Then I heard the gun shot. " I shot you a nice doe, how do you want it processed? That was a classic moment!

Steve   
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline JordanM

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 01:19:19 pm »
 :-D  That would have been funny to hear.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 09:55:32 pm »
nice deer

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 09:37:07 am »
just curious Why was he limping?

Keith

Offline HomeBru

• House Bee
    • Drew Family Farms
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 11:31:58 am »
NICE! Those young 'uns,  that's good eatin' there!

J-

Offline JordanM

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 07:59:50 pm »
just curious Why was he limping?

Keith

This deers ankle was broken and the bone was sticking out of its leg. It probly got hit by a car, becausr the wound was already healed partially but there was some infection. Thsi deer would have had a hard time even making it through winter, so really i put him out of his misery and got somthing in return.