Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Good quality four frame manual extractor that can be upgraded to motorised  (Read 1434 times)

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
G'day everybody,

I'm looking for a good quality four frame extractor that is manual but can easily be upgraded to motorised at a later time (i.e. the manufacturer sells an upgrade kit). Can anyone make any suggestions?

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Good quality four frame manual extractor that can be upgraded to motorised
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 09:19:36 pm »
I have an old hand crank, 4 frame, you have to reverse the frame to spin the other side out, old sucker, from Dadant.  They make a motor for it, but for a whole lotta money.  Half the cost of the extractor again just for the motor. 

I inherited my extractor so the price was right.  But by the 3rd box..............   If you want to extract a fair bit of honey and not have to buy a case of Bengay for your arm, I would suggest you get a motorized extractor from the start.   

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
Re: Good quality four frame manual extractor that can be upgraded to motorised
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 10:14:00 am »
Kelly's got a 2-frame manual reversable that can be upgraded to a 9 frame manual radial that can be upgraded to a 9 frame electric radial.  It shows in their brand new catalog but not their website.  Not sure if Kelly makes it to your side of the pond though.  Hit then directly if you're intersted www.kellybees.com.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...