Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Yes it's an EGG  (Read 11106 times)

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Yes it's an EGG
« on: March 07, 2009, 04:24:55 pm »
Perhaps we should have a small egg contest. Got this one today. About one inch long.

:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline doak

• Super Bee
Re: Yes it's an EGG
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 07:00:10 pm »
This can happen when a hen is just beginning to lay or getting ready to molt.
A lot of times these two times will also produce the "double" yolk.
The one you are showing most likely doesn't have a yolk.
yolkie doakie. doak :roll:

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 12:14:54 am »
Looks like a  pigeon egg!..A brown pigeon egg! :-D
your friend,
john

Offline akane

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 01:31:10 am »
*Grabs some button quail eggs*

I win

;)

My smallest chicken egg is about the same size as yours but my camera has decided to quit connecting to my computer.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 03:07:21 am »
I meant chicken eggs. Wouldn't want someone to come up with hummingbird eggs.  :roll:
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 10:25:56 am »
I meant chicken eggs. Wouldn't want someone to come up with hummingbird eggs.  :roll:

You might have meant chicken eggs but you said this in your original post "Perhaps we should have a small egg contest."

And I was going to round up some gecko eggs and win! You're just a big tease Jerrry! :rant:

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 11:56:25 am »
I thought.....assumed  :shock: ..... everyone knew that was a chicken egg in the picture. Far be it from me to even slightly hint at the mental deficiencies of any member of Beemaster's  International Beekeeping forums. Therefore one would easily come to the conclusion that all who read this and saw the picture would know it was a contest of small eggs emitted by the foul known as chicken.

Perhaps I over estimated the reasoning abilities of the aforementioned peoples. 

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 02:56:50 pm »
OK, Jerry, you asked for it, and the eggie picture is coming.  I got an egg the other day that I think may be a little more small than yours, smiling.  I have to download some pics from my camera first and then take a picture of that teeny tiny egg, it was about the size of a king cob if I remember correctly.  So, off to take a picture of that egg I go, that egg I go, that egg I go, leg-go my eggo!! Oh brother, sorry, sometimes I just get a little carried away.  Back in a while with a picture of eggie in tow.  Beautiful day in this great day of our life.  Cindi

Alright here, goes, looks like it is about 1 inch and a little bit.  Jerry, you stil got that egg? If you do, take a picture like I did and actually show us the measurement of the egg on paper.  It looks about the same size as mine, and if you want a contest, you gotta play fair, smiling.....go on now, get that picture and the true size will be shown, hee, hee, smiling.

It is not a bantam egg, they are all gone to a good home.  It is not an older year old bird, they are all gone, I have now only 10, six month old brown layers, 1 AustralorpeXBrahma, 1 AustralorpeXRhode Island Red, and two white ones.  One of the brown hens must have just begun to lay.  I will only have 8 hens after Tuesday, 6 of the brown hens are going to a friend.  I have sold all my layers, extra roosters, and am ready to have a low amount of birds to keep us in eggs.  I have gone from about 45 layers and roosters down to these small numbers.  My chickenyard looks very very small.  The turkeys are getting so freakin' big!!!   I will have to post some pictures of these three baby toms that are not babies anymore, believe me!!!

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 03:20:37 pm by Cindi »
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 05:58:59 pm »
Akanes eggs look like chestnuts! :)

your friend,
john

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 06:13:19 pm »
I get those baby ones all the time from my banty cochin and silkies. Thats the size they always lay. It takes like 12 of them to make scrambled eggs.
I have a bowl full of them in the frig right now because no one wants to deal with them when they make eggs so I am the only one that uses them up.
They are cute when you boil them for the kids though.Its just the right size for them to snack on although they at breakfast that they need to eat 4 of them to equal 2 regular ones.
Now, where to get mini toast?  :-D

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 08:03:46 pm »
I thought.....assumed  :shock: ..... everyone knew that was a chicken egg in the picture. Far be it from me to even slightly hint at the mental deficiencies of any member of Beemaster's  International Beekeeping forums. Therefore one would easily come to the conclusion that all who read this and saw the picture would know it was a contest of small eggs emitted by the foul known as chicken.

Perhaps I over estimated the reasoning abilities of the aforementioned peoples. 

Perhaps you should just admit you weren't specific enough when you said "Perhaps we should have a small egg contest."

Of course everyone who views your first picture assumes its a chicken egg, it sure looks like one. But you were not specific as to what eggs would be included in your little egg contest and that's why Akane posted his picture of quail eggs.

And I was going to post some gecko egg pictures but you're not going to see them now Jerry, cause you're a meanie!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 10:35:06 pm »
JP, the rest of us are not "meanies" & would love to see your pics!  :-D  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 10:38:54 pm »

Its Jerry's post and he said they have to be from chickens.

...JP  :idunno:

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 11:12:20 pm »

Its Jerry's post and he said they have to be from chickens.
...JP  :idunno:

Alright you two, stop that nibber nabberin'.  You sound like me and my Brother when I was a young gal, (wow, can barely remember that, it was so long ago, smiling).  Beautiful day in this great life, we all live, love and share.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 11:14:54 pm »
Cindi, don't you know Jerry and I enjoy busting each other's chops? :-D

...JP

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 11:19:09 pm »
JP, oh I know, I picture you guys through cyberspace with your cyberspace punching gloves, punching each other in that most loving way.  Go, JP, go.....go, Jerry, go.....smiling.  Beautiful day in this great life of ours.  Cindi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 11:35:38 pm »
Where is Jerry tonite? Measuring eggs? No, chicken eggs!

...JP

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 01:15:25 am »
Perhaps you should just admit you weren't specific enough when you said "Perhaps we should have a small egg contest."

Of course everyone who views your first picture assumes its a chicken egg, it sure looks like one. But you were not specific as to what eggs would be included in your little egg contest and that's why Akane posted his picture of quail eggs.

And I was going to post some gecko egg pictures but you're not going to see them now Jerry, cause you're a meanie!

...JP

By that reasoning you should have reasoned that I would have then started with something like tinny winny eggs from a mite, or a flea, or lice.  :roll:

Unless...... you think I'm mentally challenged enough to start with an ostrich egg in a tiny egg contest.

Where is Jerry tonite? Measuring eggs? No, chicken eggs!

Been a bit under the weather the past few days. Seems we have a bug we keep passing around. Getting better.  :idunno:  Maybe.

Will try getting the precise measures for Cindi tomorrow. She just had to go picking them nits. Thought she would enter them in the contest I guess, thanks to JP.  :-D

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 09:58:33 am »
Well I was wondering where you were. Feel better Jerry. Hey, here's a tiny egg picture for you Jerry, hope it cheers you up.  ;)

...JP

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 12:52:54 pm »
JP, you're full of it!!!  That is a teeny tiny little eggplant that you are passing off as an egg, come on!!  Keep it to eggs, get a load of this BIG egg!!!!