Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello All!!! First Year Beekeeper from Richmond, VA  (Read 2434 times)

Offline BrandyH

• Brood
Hello All!!! First Year Beekeeper from Richmond, VA
« on: May 31, 2010, 08:11:55 pm »
Hello everyone, my name is Brandy, and I am a first year beekeeper from Richmond, Va. I have started a package of bees, as well as purchased 2 ready hives from a local keeper here in town. I work at a plant nursery part time, and have 2 hives there....the other is my package that I have hived in my teeny tiny townhouse back yard. I love my bees and am looking forward to watching them grow!!

I would love to make new friends here and bouce ideas of of you more experienced keepers!  :-D

Offline Thymaridas

• New Bee
  • Remember its supposed to be fun
Re: Hello All!!! First Year Beekeeper from Richmond, VA
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 11:06:47 pm »
Glad to have you and your bees. Have fun.

Adam

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 12:17:43 am »
Hello Brandy

Glad to have you on the bee forum. I started keeping bees April 2006 and have learned most everything on beekeeping from this forum. You ask a question and many beekeepers answer.

OH remember to type in your location in your profile as beekeeping advice depends on where you live.

Have fun and stay in touch

Annette

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 05:21:08 am »
Welcome and good luck!  There are lots of good people on this forum, all of whom will be more than happy to offer advice and encouragement.

Offline IAFF

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 10:38:44 pm »
Glad to see another Virginian on here.  Ask away the people on here are a wealth of knowledge.

Offline zopi

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 11:47:33 pm »
Hi brandy! I am just down the road from you in IOW...no bees here, yet...at least until I retire from the navy next year....you might look up Tidewater beekeepers...alot of very active folks around here...

Offline DavesBees

• House Bee
    • Dave's Bees
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 12:48:05 am »
BrandyH,
Welcome to the group.  We’ll be expecting a report now and then where the bees are working, since you have the inside scoop.  I make what I call speed runs at nurseries to see where the bees are working.  So If some fool comes up to you while you are working all crazy eyed and looking like he has just lost all those things one loses in country songs…….well it might be me, just looking for the bees.
Dave - PM me if you are interseted in natural beekeeping in Hancock County Maine.
http://www.davesbees.com