Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Back . . .  (Read 3423 times)

Offline amymcg

• Field Bee
    • http://www.mcglothlinmusic.com
Back . . .
« on: January 01, 2009, 02:45:19 pm »
Hi guys, I've been totally absent for about 18 months or so. Just wanted to drop in and say hello, I still have my bees, and am looking forward to getting back involved in the discussions.

Amy

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Back . . .
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 03:06:49 pm »
Amy, I remember you.  I remember you especially because I thought your internet name was interesting and never could figure out what the acronym meant.  Welcome back.  Why don't you tell us what you have been up to for such a long time?  I for one would  be interested.  So nice that you still have the bees, too.  Have a most wonderful life and day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 05:16:59 pm »
Welcome back. Now that cindi asked, what have you been up to?

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 05:34:05 pm »
I didn't get to chat with the "old" amy, but I look forward to chatting with the new one... :-D  Welcome back, for the first time..  ;)
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline amymcg

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 08:04:00 pm »
Well, as some of you may remember, I was completing my Master's degree in Music, I'm a saxophonist.  I did that, and my teacher quickly got me alot of work. I teach at 3 college's now and have over 50 private students in the middle/high school age range.  It's been keeping me busier than I had planned and everything in my hobby life has suffered.  I got the honey off this year, but it's still stacked up in my dining room waiting to be extracted. I'm really not sure when I'll get to it.  I've decided that I'm going to make more time for myself after this school year. I will be dropping one or two of my teaching locations and I will also be planning on going back to school again for a Doctoral degree in Music.

BTW - my name is just a shortened version of my real name :-)

I was up to four hives before last year. I forgot to put the rock back on one of hte lids over the winter and it blew off killing my best hive, but I had 3 good hives so I just ordered a new queen and split one of them to replace it.  This past year, I forgot to put mouse guards on the entrances. Two little devils took up residence in one of the hives, and that hive didn't make it. So I was back down to 3 again. Live and learn, better believe I have mouse guards on year round now.  I didnt' replace hive #4. So I currently have 3, I think. I'm waiting for the snow to melt and to warm up a bit and I'll trudge down and take a look and see what's happening.   I have everyone on small cell for the most part, I'd say 70% of the brood boxes are small cell and I didn't treat with anything this past year, so we'll see what happens.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 12:02:44 pm »
Amy, Amy, Amy, you have been one dilly of a busy gal, it sounds like your life is swamped, I hope that your pocketbook is swamped too with all that responsibility, smiling,  :shock:.  Time to slow down a bit, as you said, you need to have play time, you are lacking that and it will not do you any good in the long run. You especially gotta play with your bees, you love those girls, I know that.  Anyways, girl, welcome back, now we know what the real Amy has been up to, smiling.  Have that wonderful and awesome day, life, and great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 11:24:16 pm »
welcome back Amy

Johnny

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 12:37:02 am »
welcome back Amy, glad to hear you have done good with your music. nice making a living doing something you enjoy. Congratulations
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 02:44:49 pm »
Amy:

Truly have missed you, for those not knowing Amy was one of the original Ladies of Ventrilo Voice chat, even rigging up a Mac to talk on and later a Windows PC - I sure hope you fire it back up, go to the voice chat forum for the newest settings if yours are out dated. Hope to talk soon and please, stick around awhile :)

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline amymcg

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 09:52:35 am »
yeah, I missed you guys too. . never seems to be enough hours in the day.

I got my ventrilo setup with your server, no one was around this morning, but I'll try again later.

anything