Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bud 6 official announcement  (Read 21941 times)

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
Re: Bud 6 official announcement
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 07:44:38 am »
  Have to apologise to everyone but now no hope of making it this year as eldest son and myself have won our way into the last 16 of state championship lawn bowls ( or Rock Chuckin). The younger son won his way through in the singles event so their will be a family migration to the north of the state between the 10th. and 16th. of April. I'll still be thinking of y'all every day but will hope to catch up via Ventrilo or Skype during that time.
  To all the people who will be at Buds for the first time you really have some thing to look forward to.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 07:54:52 am by Geoff »
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 10:23:58 am »
youall know how geof got so good at chunking them rocks[  they didn't have a dog and his mom tied him out in the garden to keep the rues out  take care geof  we gona miss you and god luck chunking them rocks
to bee or not to bee

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 10:43:55 am »
It's on! Officially got the time off and made reservations. coming in on the 11th.

Hey Bud, do you want me to bring you some fresh eggs? (yard chickens)
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 12:04:31 pm »
geoff, if you want, pm me your skype address and i'll add it to my tablet.  otherwise, we already have ventrilo on the lab top...which i may or may not bring as bud has his there.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 02:21:07 pm »
SQEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! :laugh:  I've been waiting for this!  How could I have missed it for so long!!

Checking with the hubby right now.  Its a show year, so could be tight.  But it is my FAVORITE weekend of the year!

Bud- if we can come, can we camp out by the bee barn?  There's some dry land over there isn't there? 

YAY! oh, fingers crossed!

love,
ziffa

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2014, 06:32:00 pm »
zip  just any where you want   yard eggs you bet
to bee or not to bee

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2014, 10:02:01 pm »
John, I'll bring a couple of my mosins. You may not want to shoot them because they do pack a punch and I wouldn't want to be the one that ruined your vacation. I could bring my AR or 22 as well, no kick. I just love looking at my mosins, what a piece of history.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2014, 10:29:19 am »
GSF:

For over a month I have read, and watched wvery video on the Mosin Nagant, the M44 as well. I will be buying a 91/30 because of the history - the M44 Chinese mod is cool as well, love the bayonet fix, but I know the M44 has a bit more kick and I want the real deal.

I've been looking at gun broker, following cosmoline packed (like Crackerjack - you don't know what prize is in the box) or the really detailed, refinished (kept to look period, but more attractive) versions for about double the cost and up.

The truth, I want this to be an adventure, and I want to open that sealed box, unwrap that bubble wrapped filled cosmoline and see if I have some matching serial numbers, a one-piece stock near the butt - seems making 17 million guns caused a growth shortage in the trees used for the stocks and the shoulder rest SOMETIMES had to be pieced together from two different trees, leaving a visible line that isn't attractive, but spoke volumes of what FURY they were producing them.

I think I would LOVE to get some FINNISH markings, what a story that tells - often you'll also see German markings as well, as captured guns by Germans, got stamped and sold to Finland, giving markings from all three countries.

Yes, I think I'll do the crackerjack version and see what surprise is in the box. Shame is, I watch all these Youtube videos from 2011 and the prices from the crated guns ran from $80 - $99 and now the surprised version goes for about $150-$170. We have no Cabela's in NJ, on their website they were listing them at $159, which was $99  2 years ago.

So, you can see, I'm doing my home work. I want one bad! But unless I run into a deal I think is a fair price for matching numbers and good wood and metal, I'll be shooting yours first. I'm gonna mail a bunch of paper targets down to Bud's, I think I have a few people her who want to get this rookie pumping some lead, brass and steal. I mentioned 50 guns in 50 minutes, something a YANKEE likely has never done before - I don't see that, but shooting an AR and anything that I can't rent up here to shoot will be a dream week.

So many people in our fine Southern States RIGHTFULLY see the North as a handcuffed 2nd Amendment part of the country and surely it is. I have one thing going for me as far as the Mosin goes here - I work for the Military and have full gun-range usage at (everyone has heard of) Fort Dix, NJ which is part of my mega base of McGuire AFB (who I work for) Lakehurst Navy Base (where I work) and the likely first stop for most of infantry of our Army, including my Dad.

Fort Dix has $4 range fees for me, outdoor Pistol and 200 yard rifle range and it's about 14 miles from me. I understand the only time it is busy is near hunting season in the Fall. I can't wait to get a Mosin Nagant out there, it literally is the only place I can shoot in this state without laying out $2000 membership to a shooting club which still has $60 range fees for members. For Dix, $4 :)

Thank you for talking guns with me - I included everyone here with my voyage from day one getting licensed ( a 5 month and 22 day wait) and if I think about it today, I'll be stopping off at my local police dept., for the packet to get 3 more handgun permits, which takes every bit as long as the initial application - which is incomprehensible to me, but true. Foolishly, I should have applied the day I got my FID card, I'd still have 3 months before I would get my permits, but I'd be that much closer to building up a handgun collection. For now (and even for ever) I am happy with my Glock 19 Gen4 and my wife loves her Ruger sp101 22lr - if we never had other home defense and range guns, we'd be fine, but I see the Sig Sauer P226 has a .22 version and it is 85% scaled to the original and the P226 under the M11A1 is the gun I would really like to have because I launch jets for the Navy, and Naval Aviators carry the M11A1. The .22 version is about $450 and it gives me a semi auto 22 I can have a lot of fun Plinking!!!

Peace GSF - I had fun writing this one :)

John
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2014, 03:19:49 pm »
I seam to remember finland had no arms manufacturing, but were real good at fine tuning someone elses gun read the story of simone hyack (or however you spell it) and you can find out what the germans thaught or this old boy and he only had iron sights
to bee or not to bee

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2014, 10:10:27 pm »
The Finish actually broke some of the Russian air drop codes. Not only did they use captured Mosin's (and others) they tricked the Russians into dropping ammo. Heck of a note! Fighting against an enemy with their captures rifles and tricking the enemy into supplying the ammo to fight against them. Love it! They also taught the Russians a couple of things about winter warfare. The M39 has two slings brackets/braces(?) on the hand guard. One was used to sling one way when marching and the other was used for the snipers when they skied away from their kill shot(s). They were known to pick off several ruskies while they were marching then just ski down the hill vanishing into the snow.

Bud, I believe you're right. I think they may have traded with other countries some of their weapons cache or something for the manufacturing.

My numbers may not be right but I believe that they only made 100,000 bayonets for the Finish M39. Then because metal was in short supply they took 90,000 and melted them back down. The bayonet for the M39 is far more valuable than the rifle. If I remember correctly even some of the counterfeit bayonets are very valuable.

John, the pleasure will be mine to share these with you. I have one M39 and 5 mosins. I had more but I sold about 3 or 4 of them. Ammo for these is so dang cheap it ain't funny.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2014, 12:27:54 pm »
Ziffa, I sure hope you & the Hippy can make it down :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone, shaping up to be another good one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2014, 04:42:14 pm »
I had to throw this in. In shipping to my FFL right now is an "EXCELLENT RATED" Mosin Nagant M44 - it won my heart after ready and watching so much content. I can see the day I'll get a 91/30 but I love that carbine with bayonet and I want that for my first historical gun, it's just so cool.

I can see in 1938 and weapons designers are told we need a shooter rifle with a swing out bayonet which the Russian Soldiers love so much - they can see the day when they will be walking the streets of Berlin, face to face, room to room fighting and the 91/30 is too long maneuver in close quarters. A shorter rifle with the success of the 91/30 was what would win the ground war - and by 1943-43 the M44 became the most beloved rifle of the foot soldiers. Said by many, including the NRA the M44 is the gun that finished the war.

So, this Jersey Boy who is 5 months from getting another pistol (if I wanted one - and I wouldn't mind the Sig Sauer P226 22lr version) would be nice to shoot along with Tracey at the range, we'd both just swap stalls and shoot those affordable 22s.

But I started looking vintage war rifles and after a month of 91/30s, I just started leaning to the shorter M44 and I shopped through Gunbroker, but found EXELLENT RATED M44s through Buds Gunshop for $219, I couldn't help myself. Even if Exellent means VERY GOOD - that's a nice rifle. I'm gonna put the order through J&G for the crated 762x54R spam carns (880 corrosive rounds) for about $140. So when I get about 3 pints of cosmoline out of every nook and cranny, do any touch ups needed, and get out to Dix.

About the recoil, I have some incredible firm black Styrofoam (not sure what it is called)  but I know Tracey can form one of my old knew pads with the foam (about an inch think) for a butt plate cushion.

So, it's in the mail, hoping EXELLENT is at least very good, I'll have a pice of history, maybe not one that saw a lot of action - be a piece of it, in my hands.

Photos to follow.

Oh, I went to the range with my near 80 year old widowed neighbor yesterday, so she could shoot her husbands S&W 357 magnum (or as I like to call, her starter revolver) here's what I captured. Pretty cool videos if you can take the gunfire. and read lips.

Range 357 magnum Newbee

Range 357 magnum 2

That's my range, that's my neighbor Gloria. She (and I) got to shoot 357's 38s, 2 different 9s and a 45 before we left. Fun afternoon.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 09:57:36 pm by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2014, 08:08:41 pm »
boss man just get you some gass and wqsh the sucker up   wont hurt nothing; just oil her up good when you finish
to bee or not to bee

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2014, 09:41:16 am »
Yaarr! Is this a bee meeting or a gun meeting!!??  :shock:   :-D

Thanks Bud! we'll try to get there early enough to stake a good claim if we can come.

Thanks JP,  I hope we can too! It depends on Mikel's job situation.  But I'm pulling for it.

If I tell him about all the 'heat' that's going to be there, it will probably help! lol

Fingers crossed.  And for good weather too!  Does anyone know if Allen is coming?

love,

ziffa

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2014, 09:44:50 am »
Alan, texted me for the dates a few days ago

I think there's a good chance he'll show

Don't let the heavy artillery scare you Ziffa :) it's going to be supervised, per Bud's orders :)

My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2014, 10:08:48 am »
YAY!  I can't wait to see everyone.  I sure hope we can do it!

I ain't skeered, JP!  I am not the biggest fan of guns, but I understand the need at times. I do live in the 'hood.  Plus, I do trust you all and especially bud to keep it safe.

I was actually thinking maybe I would get a chance to shoot one - supervised of course. :)

Thanks!

love,
ziffa

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2014, 10:37:08 am »
As long as you don't shoot any of Bud's bee hives all will bee good :)

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2014, 01:06:42 pm »
ziff you know yo every wants gona get catered to long as we get the swarm jig. and you know we done got partial to that hippy boy so tell him he gota get his carcass here
to bee or not to bee

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2014, 05:56:21 pm »
Ha ha!  You know I can't help but do that jig.  Too much fun! 

I'll tell Michael you said that bud,  he wants to go too.  But you know how it is with jobs :(. 

Fingers crossed,  take care all!

love,
ziffa

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2014, 09:51:31 pm »
We need the "Ziffa waggle" or we gonna go insane :)