Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Chemical Free  (Read 6017 times)

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
Chemical Free
« on: April 07, 2007, 11:40:42 am »
I think we should have a Chemical Free Small cell section on this
Site I think this would be very Helpful
kirk-o
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
Re: Chemical Free
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 04:01:59 pm »
Perhaps a sub-board on "Organic Beeking" would be appropriate for those topics (+ others, it's a fairly broad subject with state-by-state regs, etc., etc.,)?

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 05:59:21 pm »
But then the pro-chemical people will know where to go to give you a hard time about not using them... ;)
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 07:51:10 pm »
Perhaps a sub-board on "Organic Beeking" would be appropriate for those topics (+ others, it's a fairly broad subject with state-by-state regs, etc., etc.,)?
Just a point of order....Organic Beekeeping has a following, and they don't believe in using anything at all.  I think we have to come up with a better umbrella name.  Alternative Beekeeping, perhaps?  Then beneath that could be Small Cell, Non-toxic Varroa Control, etc. 

Thoughts?

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 10:43:20 pm »
I think the board is already VERY big and allot of boards, Their is Quite a bit going on on these boards. I think if we add any thing else it would get out of hand and quite confusing. But one sub board on Alternative Beekeeping would be fine under the general beekeeping topics I think.

just my nickel and a half.
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 08:57:00 am »
I'm going to add a Sub-Board under "Disease and Pest Control" Called Natural and Organic Beekeeping.

As Nepenthis mentioned, we are heavy with full forums, and the easiest way to keep topical areas of similar nature is to Child Board them.

If this grows in size to where it has steady traffic, then we can move it to its own full forum.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 09:23:57 am »
Way back on the old forum I seem to recall that I said we needed a special place for this. It got put into the experiment section at that time.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 11:07:27 am »
I'm going to add a Sub-Board under "Disease and Pest Control" Called Natural and Organic Beekeeping.

As Nepenthis mentioned, we are heavy with full forums, and the easiest way to keep topical areas of similar nature is to Child Board them.

If this grows in size to where it has steady traffic, then we can move it to its own full forum.
Well, the only thing is Alternative Beekeeping isn't a disease or pest control, it's a different method of keeping bees.  A sub-board is fine, but I really think it should be under General Beekeeping, not Disease and Pest.  But you're the boss.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 11:18:28 am »

Well, the only thing is Alternative Beekeeping isn't a disease or pest control, it's a different method of keeping bees.  A sub-board is fine, but I really think it should be under General Beekeeping, not Disease and Pest.  But you're the boss.
I don't want to be a grammar nazi but I would clarify something.
Well, the only thing is Alternative Beekeeping isn't just disease or pest control, it's a different method of keeping bees.

Because disease and pest control is an aspect of chemical free and organic beekeeping. Not the only aspect.

However I would like to see it stay in General Beekeeping.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible