Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: It must be spring  (Read 3089 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
It must be spring
« on: March 24, 2010, 10:34:37 pm »
Hived two swarms today! That brings it to 4 swarms, the start of a trap out and a cut out this week...watch out idee and JP...I might just start catching up :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: It must be spring
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 11:56:48 pm »
You got me on swarms 4-2 but I got you beat on cut outs. Calls are starting to roll in pretty good now.

Here piggy, piggy!  :chop:

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 08:54:27 am »
Glad to see some of you younger whipper snappers getting started. This dilapidated old coot is wearing down fast.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 08:59:41 am »
Iddee, I can relate. I'm feeling pretty banged up already and the season has barely started. Ain't gettin' any younger on this end.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 12:18:53 pm »
COngratulations on yours swarms. I would love to get some this year.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 01:32:00 pm »
yup.  have the first cutout scheduled for weekend after this, weather permitting.  am hoping to drag lotsobees with me.  i don't have time for all the calls i get.  i'll pawn some off on him if he likes doing cutouts   :evil:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 07:38:41 pm »

Today's cut out (it was a rough one)

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 12:57:24 am »
Glad to see some of you younger whipper snappers getting started. This dilapidated old coot is wearing down fast.

Here is one so you dont run out of gas

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 12:42:54 pm »
No swarms here yet, but the temps are susposed to be hitting around the 80 mark for the next several days. That should get the girls out and really flying.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!