Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My Two Minute's Of Fame  (Read 14089 times)

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
Re: My Two Minute's Of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2008, 08:38:45 am »
Nice to meet ya, JP (I love putting faces to the people here) - and it was fun to hear you talking about the bees - great segment both for the bees and for you.

Linda T in Atlanta

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 11:26:24 am »
In the beginning of this clip they show me removing a colony from Mike Hoss's place in Bay St. Louis, Mississppi. I posted these pics before, but for those who haven't seen them, here they are again: http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus/April282008

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline jimmy

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2008, 01:32:00 pm »
JP ,I couldn't watch the video cuz I have been FAPEd on Satalite.
Glad you are a cleb. Maybe I'll get across the lake one day and meet you in person. Good on ya. jimmy

Offline Jessaboo

• House Bee
    • Three Little Birds
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2008, 08:28:33 pm »
Congrats! This is a great segment - looks like you might have to quit your day job to start answering all those swarm calls!

It's nice to hear that you are being recognized positively, too. Maybe you WILL get a key to the city!

- Jess

Offline MollySuesHoney

• New Bee
    • Molly Sue's Honey
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 10:27:51 am »
Great segment.  It is nice to see a news segment that is not sensationalizing the 'terror' of a swarm.  Good job!

Anyway ~ Loved the segment & loved your sweet accent! 

What accent? The news folks were the ones with accents. ;)
Lawrence Underwood

Mobile, Alabama

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 10:42:54 am »
JP, rats!!!  I don't know why but I tried to look at the video the other day too, today didn't work either, the link just took me to some news stuff, can you make it more clear how to watch the video.  I have to go to get stuff ready for kids and school soon, so I will look for a response to my post tomorrow morning, sigh......life is so busy right now, my head is almost spinning, just like on the exorcist, only I am not spitting out green pea soup, hee, hee, yet!!!  Have that most beautiful day, love this groovin' life we groove on.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2008, 10:48:23 am »
JP, rats!!!  I don't know why but I tried to look at the video the other day too, today didn't work either, the link just took me to some news stuff, can you make it more clear how to watch the video.  I have to go to get stuff ready for kids and school soon, so I will look for a response to my post tomorrow morning, sigh......life is so busy right now, my head is almost spinning, just like on the exorcist, only I am not spitting out green pea soup, hee, hee, yet!!!  Have that most beautiful day, love this groovin' life we groove on.  Cindi

Cindi, if you click on this link it should load the story. It is a news story BTW.

Link: http://www.wwltv.com/video/?z=y&nvid=249795

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2008, 11:26:30 am »
awesome job. Camera adds ten pounds, good thing you've been "eating healthier"  :-D

I wont(try) be photographed w/ veil for public dissemination myself. We tell people they are docile and then wear armour, not good if it can be avoided. doesn't always work, but i try not too. Again awesome job and great exposure for bees.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2008, 03:32:40 pm »
awesome job. Camera adds ten pounds, good thing you've been "eating healthier"  :-D

I wont(try) be photographed w/ veil for public dissemination myself. We tell people they are docile and then wear armour, not good if it can be avoided. doesn't always work, but i try not too. Again awesome job and great exposure for bees.

Yep, good thing I started eating better, I was getting up there for me.

Thanks for the kudos, yes good for the bees.

...JP

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2008, 09:16:56 am »
JP, oh I am so proud of you.  You looked like a total natural there, (well, after all, you are our Swarm King!!!).  You should be ding dang proud of yourself too, you didn't look nervous or anything, yeah JP, go, dude, go!!!  By the way, I wonder why the camera adds 10 pounds, like Konsadad said, that is a weird thing for sure, eh?  Have that beautiful day, go and keep on keepin' on.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2008, 10:46:17 am »
JP, oh I am so proud of you.  You looked like a total natural there, (well, after all, you are our Swarm King!!!).  You should be ding dang proud of yourself too, you didn't look nervous or anything, yeah JP, go, dude, go!!!  By the way, I wonder why the camera adds 10 pounds, like Konsadad said, that is a weird thing for sure, eh?  Have that beautiful day, go and keep on keepin' on.  Cindi

Glad you were able to see the clip Cindi, it is pretty neat, kinda weird, but I am proud of it. The reporter is one heck of a guy, I was very impressed with him, when I did the cut-out for him he was willing to assist, offered me water, food etc...

The camera does add about ten lbs, in fact when I met the reporter he appeared taller and thinner than on tv to me.

...JP

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2008, 01:26:06 pm »

The camera does add about ten lbs

...JP

I must have three or four cameras on me then :-D

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2008, 06:19:30 pm »
Dude, I totally knew when, that is what I am telling folks out here. Everyone around here is asking, "Hey do you know that Armstrong guy?" I just tell them "yep, taught him everything he knows". the paparazzi have been crazy out here, just cause I know you.
Great Job, JP
Looked pretty good.
Frantz
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2008, 09:56:36 pm »
Cindi, I'm late to this thread, but if you're using Firefox and can't view the video you should use the IE Tab Extension  - it puts a Firefox icon at the bottom of your browser window, click it and it'll turn into an IE tab and the video will load no problem.  Lazy website programmers drive me crazy!

Oh, yea, JP, great video - they gave you lots of airtime!  Good job on representing beekeeping so well!

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2008, 11:41:39 pm »
That was GREAT JP!
I tried to see it when you first posted it but it wouldnt load.....Tonite I had just finished watching the game and I turned it on and waited. It took about 20 minutes to see it but it was coooool!!

your friend,
john

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2008, 01:44:46 am »
That was GREAT JP!
I tried to see it when you first posted it but it wouldnt load.....Tonite I had just finished watching the game and I turned it on and waited. It took about 20 minutes to see it but it was coooool!!

your friend,
john

Hey, thanks for the feedback, all of you, really and thanks for the kind words.

Hey Johnny, how'd that cut-out go?

...JP

Offline blckoakbees

• House Bee
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2008, 07:55:47 am »
The video is great.  I like you working the bees without a veil.  It sends the right message.  I recently collected a swarm from some home owners and they were amazed to see me scooping up the bees and put them in the box.  Bees have gotten a bad rap and I think information like you provided here really helps people not be scared of them.

Great Job and Thanks

JA

P.S. Yall don't have accent. You spoke very clearly

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2008, 08:23:07 am »
The video is great.  I like you working the bees without a veil.  It sends the right message.  I recently collected a swarm from some home owners and they were amazed to see me scooping up the bees and put them in the box.  Bees have gotten a bad rap and I think information like you provided here really helps people not be scared of them.

Great Job and Thanks

JA

P.S. Yall don't have accent. You spoke very clearly

Thanks a lot! ;)

...JP

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2008, 09:12:38 am »
Ann, thanks, I really have issues with computer stuff, I went to the site and downloaded Firefox 2 but the IE tab extension didn't download too.  PM me and please help me out here, don't want to hyjack JP's thread about his wonderful experience.  Have a most beautiful and awesome day.  Cindi

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2008, 09:42:59 am »
Yo JP!
 Speaking of that cutout :-\
 It was a goose chase....I mean we went there(demolition site) and we decided to bring the entire 15 ft box home and tear it open and turn this into a salvage operation.
 The people at the site were only seeing robber bees getting the honey. There was no life inside at all. The bees must have left after the box was dropped from 2 stories up.
I assume this hive had bee abandoned for some time as the hive smelled like good English mead. The honey was REAL dark but tasted ok to me :)
 I told Paul we were probably taking a chance letting our bees clean this up, as there was an inch or more of dead bees on the bottom of the box, but it was pretty much too late when we got home......In 30 minutes there must have been 60,000 bees flying in with their spoons in hand!....I bet there was a hundred lbs of honey still in the comb.
Also, The comb was really dirty(coated in dirt dust) and almost black!
 I figure at least a week till the box gets cleaned out and thats with me turning it every 2 days or so.
 I'll try to send a pic........I'll be right back!

Ok,....As you can see,(I hope), we did have to do a little work on getting the right wall down...Took us about 15 minutes...We told the ownner that we only extracted bees, we didnt patch up the holes afterwards....He seems a little upset :-D...But so were we,,,No bees!......I guess I better get a big shovel just in case eh'?

heres our end result....

If the pics didnt work I'll go read cindis directions.....Sometimes I forget stuff it I dont do it often enough!

your friend,
john