Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: swam box building company  (Read 3067 times)

Offline tigman

• New Bee
swam box building company
« on: March 05, 2010, 09:37:11 am »
does any one know the company web site for this.they build the flower pot style.
B1AN030

Offline wd

• Field Bee
Re: swarm box building company
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 10:07:28 am »
Your local nursery is option. Many sell the 5 gallon and 15 gallon Sphagnum Peat Moss containers (corrugated paper flower pot) commonly used hung on a piece of plywood, I've seen where some people stuff a black plastic 5 gallon plant container in the back of the paper pot and hang it that way. easy enough but may be bit messy.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 10:40:30 am by wd »

Offline wd

• Field Bee

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: swam box building company
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 10:40:16 am »
i just bought two of those and i'm pretty sure i paid less than i would pay for the same size flower pot.  difference is that i don't think, and have been warned here, that the mann lake swarm traps won't hold up to lots of rain.

i have painted the outside and exposed lid areas wit paraffin.  it was easy and cheap.  now we'll see if it was effective.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline David LaFerney

• Field Bee
    • The Door Garden
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 11:25:41 am »
Why oh why would they make swarm traps that won't stand up to rain?
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

Putting the "ape" in apiary since 2009.

Offline wd

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 11:20:26 pm »
If I were to use these, I would look at the product being sold locally, sometimes they have 3 to 4 wholes on on the bottom instead of one the center,  the total cost, including shipping and tax and compare with local prices. I look at these as disposable swarm traps.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 01:37:19 am by wd »

anything