Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Howdy from central Fl.  (Read 2301 times)

Offline rast

• Field Bee
Howdy from central Fl.
« on: March 11, 2008, 08:08:46 pm »
 I've been a bee "owner?" for a couple of years due to a swarm that took up residense in an upside down airboat seat. They seem to have kept themselves pretty good with no help from me. Now I'm trying to be a beekeeper with a nuc hive. Learned a lot from this site. Thanks.
 Rick 
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: Howdy from central Fl.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 09:16:02 pm »
Welcome to the forums. East or West coast? I am in lake city..

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 09:26:36 pm »
Some cat "owners" think that too.  :)  You're just the caretaker.  :)
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline rast

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 04:16:51 pm »
 In the middle, Mascotte, Fl.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 11:05:59 pm »
Welcome aboard.

We need more Florida Beekeepers on the board. That way we aren't all talking about being snowed in.

;)

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 12:20:32 am »
Rick, welcome to our forum, this will be THE place for you to learn, tell us your experiences and stories.  You will also make some good friends.  Always ask any question that you need to, all questions are worthy of good answers, and that you shall have.  We are a group that love to hear stories that others tell, it takes us to different parts of this earth, and that is a wonderful thing.  Welcome.

You have already noticed Understudy.  He is the one that complains about the snow alot, the only cold thing that he likes is his frozen marguaritas, hee, hee, just teasing Understudy, he hates the snow, that is why he lives in such a warm place.  Have a wonderful and beautifully great day, love our life we lead.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 01:30:12 am »
   Welcome to the site.  Now your in the open and exposed...we know you're there...don't try to run...we won't hurt you...we are your freeeeinds... :evil:

And the folks here are finest kind!!!
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline rast

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 11:20:01 pm »
 I did drive up to N.C. one time to see what snow really looked like. You notice I'm still living here in Fl.. 5th generation Fl. cracker.
 Thanks for the welcome.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda