Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: stop and smell the mustard  (Read 5306 times)

Offline bill

• House Bee
stop and smell the mustard
« on: May 08, 2005, 11:17:38 am »
This morning I was the only one up and I went out with the mower on the tractor and just to have something to do I was mowing down the, gone to seed mustard plants, leaving the drip lines in place. in order fo plant something in the same area without redoing the field. I had about three rows done and two to go when I noticed that the cloud of insects that come out of green plants when you mow, were all bees.there were hundreds of bees working the plants. I thought I should have left them standing, and I got off the tractor to watch them work the flowers. before I started working bees, "if you can call my clumsy efforts working bees" lol. I got to thinking just how much more aware I was just from reading and and messing around with my bees. before I would not have even seen the insects and for sure I would not have stopped the tractor and left them one last row to work. I must be getting soft in my old age lol
billiet

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 11:22:11 am »
I was up this morning :)
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Miss Chick-a-BEE

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 11:22:30 am »
I know what you mean. And it's not "old age softness". I bet even Ryan (who is 17 or 18) would tell you he's noticed bees everywhere now that he has a hive. The bees have actually caused me to notice many other things in my environment, and the importance of each part.

Beth

manowar422

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 11:40:07 am »
Good for you Bill.

I too find myself taking a step back and taking the time to "smell the roses".

Maybe it's some kind of an age/maturity thing that has caused me to take notice.
It really doesn't matter, as I'm finding renewed interest in my surroundings
and pleasure in the process of learning about these tiny, but fascinating little creatures.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 05:15:18 pm »
You are right beth, I do notice bees more now. O yeah, beth, I am only 16, lol, you of all people should know that, bye :D
Ryan Horn

Offline Miss Chick-a-BEE

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 09:45:27 pm »
Opps.  :oops:  Sorry Ryan. I believe I've even asked your age, but guess I forgot. Now THAT is what happens to you in your old age. :) Heck, I even forget how old I am. My daughter has to remind me of my own age, and what year my son was born. LOL She thinks I'm pretty pitiful.

But hey, the saying "ignorance is bliss" is definately true. Cause I forget all sorts of things, run around in a haze half the time, and just in joyful oblivion. Oh well. :) Hee Hee

Beth

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 10:07:53 pm »
Its ok beth, lol, bye :D
Ryan Horn

anything