Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: new and need help  (Read 3917 times)

Offline jimmy_in_texas

• New Bee
new and need help
« on: July 24, 2007, 12:50:26 am »
Hello,

I sort of got picked by some honeybees to take care of them, I'm here because I need lots of help !!

Jimmy

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Re: new and need help
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 06:14:18 am »
hi and welcome to the site, ask away!!!!!
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 07:57:53 am »
Welcome!

Pick up a book, such as Beekeeping for Dummies or The Backyard Beekeeper, and make sure you have the proper equipment. Also check out the beekeeping course on this website, at http://www.beemaster.com/honeybee/beehome.htm. And read away in these forums, you can learn a lot.
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

Offline topbarslo

• New Bee
    • Public domain photos
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 08:45:12 am »
Hello,

I sort of got picked by some honeybees to take care of them, I'm here because I need lots of help !!

Jimmy

You already got some suggestions ... well first read the whole forum and find some other info on the internet ... google it ;)
And then ask questions ;) That is what I did and it kind of worked :D

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 09:52:16 am »
Books are great because you can always read and re-read them, and they give you one consisitent way to do things, whether we here think that is right or wrong.

Then, when the many many many many questions that arise that aren't covered by the book, the forums will provide answers!!  Sometimes you might need to get in your extra thick skin suit, but most people love to answer questions and love to help!

Welcome, and have fun with the bees!  Nothing quite like that first taste of pure drippy honey from the hive!!

Rick
Rick

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 08:25:47 pm »
and the great thing is that we will all give you different answers, so you have lots of choices!  :-)

i find the more i learn, the more i learn i don't know....but everyone is great about helping out.

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 11:17:09 pm »
Wanting help and comradarie is how many of us got here!Enjoy your time here and remember we were all a first time beekeeper once! :lol:
Welcome aboard

Offline jimmy_in_texas

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 12:06:58 am »
Thanks everyone for the welcome, I've already got some good advice here and will post a picture on the thread I asked for help on,

things are going great with the new hive so far, I've seen quite a few things happen to the hive since I brought them home, on weekends sometimes I get up in the morning and sit close to the side of the hive and watch them coming and going, last saturday I watched a large red wasp fly right inside the hive, after about 20 seconds he got carried out by several bees and wasnt moving, I couldnt believe one bee flew off with him and dropped him some distance away. (we have some big red wasp here in Willis Texas)

Jimmy

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 02:41:11 pm »
watching is fun.  my hives are my outdoor equivalent of a fish tank.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 04:50:06 pm »
Go to Michael Bush's website and read, read, read.
http://www.bushfarms.com/bees

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible