Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Weeds!!! Anyone else watching?  (Read 5402 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Weeds!!! Anyone else watching?
« on: February 03, 2008, 02:09:53 am »
Hi All

Just finished season 3 of Showtimes hit series Weeds, about a suburban widow raising two sons (17&11) who gets into the sales and distribution of marijuana. It is a very good cast, smart plot lines and the first 2 seasons are on DVD, waiting for season 3 to add to the others :)

Just wondering who else might be watching this very good show which I put as smartly written as Entourage.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: Weeds!!! Anyone else watching?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 09:10:33 am »
I have been a follower of the series and am waiting on the next season as well. I also have been following the Wire.

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 11:52:56 am »
I am  a watcher.  Every time I drive by one of the cookie cutter neighborhoods I hear the "little boxes" tune in my head!  I am also a HUGE Dexter :evil: fan as well as the Tudors...SHO/HBO have such better quality..all nuances & clues that reg. TV can't cause of the masses.. :-X
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 12:07:29 pm »
Judy:

Couldn't agree more, I'm getting into Dexter now after finishing Weeds, I haven't seen one episode of Californication yet but want to.

HBO sure needs to get back to production with Curb Your Enthusiasm and Entourage, which I think is the BEST of there current series - I only wish Entourage was an hour show!

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Jingles

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 11:15:00 am »
We were so mad when HBO canceled Carnivale and Deadwood (without any kind of closure whatsoever!) that we canceled HBO!

I've heard Weeds was a good show.

Love, Marla

PS If you like Dexter, you might like Six Feet Under, too.

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 02:50:50 pm »
We are still grumbling about Carnivalle.  I wasn't so into Deadwood cause I like pretty settings but hubby was.  I did like the characters interaction though!  Six Feet was one of my very favorites, what a family huh?  Dexter is now my favorite...My daughter & I finally watched Hannibal Rising...Hannibal & Dexter are not so different. The one liners are priceless, though Dexter is more of a hero! ;)
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 03:00:46 pm »
Are you just now seeing Dexter? I watched the first and second seasons on showtime. Each episode would come on several times a week. I would watch it many times. And now I am watching it again. Just can't get enough of Dexter.

When and where does this "Six Feet Under" show?

How about "Breaking Bad"?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Jingles

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 06:36:39 pm »
I'm not sure where Six Feet Under is now.....we saw the entire series (and THANK YOU!! for awesome closure!). Be sure to watch it with out the censor/language bleeps....they can get so annoying!

I've only seen the first episode of Breaking Bad. Sounds a lot like Weeds, but with crystal meth.

I swear that Deadwood re-introduced the word "f*%#ing" back into my vocabulary! I really had to stay on the ball as to what the characters were saying! Insults abound, but you gotta be paying attention!! Great fun!!

Love, Marla

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 09:15:34 am »
Weeds UPDATE:

Season FOUR starts on JUNE 16 (a Monday Night) on Showtime. I'll be there, will you :)

Marla I did love how Deadwood would mix all those $100 words we no longer use in our vocabular, some real toughies for sure - I often wish I had a larger vonacular for that show, then it was followed by a 5 minute F-bombing - lol. It did take the end off.

You post makes me want to as another question - it will be a new post. Thanks for the idea :)