Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: some visiting bees help  (Read 2936 times)

Offline shan777

• New Bee
some visiting bees help
« on: January 22, 2012, 06:45:57 pm »
Hi guys. I'm a new beekeeper.
I have one hive at home developing well.
Yesterday I noticed some swarming action inside my garden shed that has a backup hive setup in there. There were only a few hundred bees at a time. Then my neighbour  has the same thing in his wall at same time.
I was all keen to bag myself a new hive, but have no idea what they are doing. Have they set up residence in neighbour's wall and just checking out the hive in my shed?
I saw no specific swarming action in shed, and in the wall they were coming and going so this is my best guess.
In an ideal world they would come and live in my hive in the shed........ if only it were that easy!
Has anyone had similar situation, and if so, how did you go about solving it?

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: some visiting bees help
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 07:06:30 pm »
Can't answer without knowing your location. I would guess your neighbor's bees were cleaning your equipment for you, but it could be a swarm moving in, if you are down under.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline shan777

• New Bee
Re: some visiting bees help
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 07:10:46 pm »
yes I'm on the Central Coast NSW.
99% sure it was not my hive. I was watching their flight path and not from my existing hive's direction.
So maybe just wait and see where they set up......??

anything