Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: green as grass  (Read 3594 times)

Offline lee

• House Bee
    • http://budsbees.com
green as grass
« on: February 12, 2005, 01:57:39 am »
ok took the test got 21/50 .only had bees for about 6 days now . it is going to 50 here sunday . hope to get to see them . thank. for the info.

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
green as grass
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 08:42:09 am »
Welcome aboard!

I'd say the first year of beekeeping is the biggest learning time. In my first year I wasn't even sure of what I was seeing in the hive at all. I'm certainly no expert now, as I'm only going through my second winter....... still learning. I CAN say though that when I have re-read my own journal entries, that I was most definately GREEN in that first year. :)

Beth

Anonymous

green as grass
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 09:26:24 am »
:lol:  :lol: Boy was I ever green my first year, If I fell down in the grass every one just walked on by thinking I was just another bump in the lawn :lol: .
Second year was a huge learning year, still a self rated as a rookie but I know how now to do many things.
Requeened 5 hives now, shook out 2 hives with 1 laying worker and one with a steril queen, captured 3 swarms and hived them, extracted honey, and did the medication, Mixed syurp for both spring and fall.  8) Thanks to this site, the local bee club and the old bee keeper down the road I have learned a huge amount. Am now even teaching a naturlest all about honey bees.
Yup I am now seen when I fall in the grass, I've  :lol: upgraded to just as dumb as a box of rocks.

:D Al

Offline lee

• House Bee
green as grass
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 02:13:31 pm »
Quote from: trail twister
:lol:  :lol: Boy was I ever green my first year, If I fell down in the grass every one just walked on by thinking I was just another bump in the lawn :lol: .
Second year was a huge learning year, still a self rated as a rookie but I know how now to do many things.
Requeened 5 hives now, shook out 2 hives with 1 laying worker and one with a steril queen, captured 3 swarms and hived them, extracted honey, and did the medication, Mixed syurp for both spring and fall.  8) Thanks to this site, the local bee club and the old bee keeper down the road I have learned a huge amount. Am now even teaching a naturlest all about honey bees.
Yup I am now seen when I fall in the grass, I've  :lol: upgraded to just as dumb as a box of rocks.

Dumb as a box of rocks huh--lol--thats to funny

Anonymous

green as grass
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 06:18:23 pm »
:o Lee, you've lived a sheldered life if you have never heard the term as dumb as a box of rocks.

:twisted: It has been one of my favorite sayings for many years. I used to have a 8x8" card board box sitting on my desk at work. Every body was invited to place a (small) rock in it, with the understanding they, at the end of the year could submit a name of the dumbest Manager we had. A drawing was held the last day of work before Christmas and the persons name that was drawen got the box of rocks as a gift.
One of the bosses was so proud of the box of rocks it sits on his mantle 25 years after recievieng it thats how dumb he was :lol:  :lol: .
The idea was the result of a problem and when asking the manager at that time he said to tell some one that cared, since nobody did the box of rocks worked out fine.

Offline lee

• House Bee
[size=9]no sheldered life here . his quote made me lol.[/siz
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 01:18:30 am »
ADMIN NOTE - Lee, you are using BBCode and Smilies in your posts, but have them disabled.  Please change your preferences if you are going to use them.  I have turned them back on in your last two posts - Robo[/i]

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Quote from: trail twister
:o Lee, you've lived a sheldered life if you have never heard the term as dumb as a box of rocks.

:twisted: It has been one of my favorite sayings for many years. I used to have a 8x8" card board box sitting on my desk at work. Every body was invited to place a (small) rock in it, with the understanding they, at the end of the year could submit a name of the dumbest Manager we had. A drawing was held the last day of work before Christmas and the persons name that was drawen got the box of rocks as a gift.
One of the bosses was so proud of the box of rocks it sits on his mantle 25 years after recievieng it thats how dumb he was :lol:  :lol: .
The idea was the result of a problem and when asking the manager at that time he said to tell some one that cared, since nobody did the box of rocks worked out fine.

Offline lively Bee's

• House Bee
green as grass
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2005, 03:19:41 am »
Well i jumped in feet first over a year ago with a wild swarm.  Tankling about a leason in bee keeping.  I had every thing i needed to start but no bee's I was waiting spring to come around so I could order my bee's when a swarm showed up at my inlaws farm.  And the story starts from there.  I learn more and more from every ove i talk to and I can ask some real noobie ?'s But i like to get the info correct and not just guess at what im doing.  I have growed to 13 hive's now and hope to incress again next year.

Welcome