Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Oh Deer  (Read 1753 times)

Offline Steel Tiger

• Field Bee
Oh Deer
« on: July 28, 2013, 03:38:26 pm »
My neighbor, who's a hunter, seems convinced the my hives are attracting deer. He's been seeing several roaming the field. I haven't noticed any tracks next to the hives but he's encouraging me to get more hives.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Oh Deer
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 04:02:15 pm »
I was talking to a lady an hour ago. She took pics of a deer in front of her two hives this morning in her back yard. He may be on to something.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 04:46:23 pm »
i have a herd, but i figured it was the berries and fruit trees.  would the honey attract them?  or just coincidence?  a good deer year :-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline mdax

• New Bee
    • North Florida Bee Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 10:14:20 am »
Sounds like neighborly relations are going well!

Offline Steel Tiger

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 01:42:15 pm »
Sounds like neighborly relations are going well!
He was cool about the hives when I told him I was putting them in the field.  He has a field next to mine, so he's down there either mowing or training his dog to fetch ducks.
 I didn't bother talking to the people on the other side of me. That field hasn't been mowed in over 20 years. It's just thick woods now.

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 02:14:30 pm »
I bow hunt near 15 of my hives for over 5 years.  Though I do see deer tracks around my hives through out the years.  However, I've never seen more than any other similar locations.  While hunting I've never seen any deer near the hives.  I'd be the first to use them if I'd noticed any increase in deer traffic.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

anything