Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: late swarm call today  (Read 2332 times)

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
late swarm call today
« on: March 15, 2013, 11:40:38 pm »
got a swarm call right before dark.nice 2#  swarm.yesterday went check a job out and it was scouts checking out the building.put a swarm trap out and got them today.going to get a new I phone tomorrow so I can take some good pics.well my old phone is not working too good either .jp and baily are doing great on swarms too.         schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: late swarm call today
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 08:06:15 am »
I put out 3 nucs out on the railings of my back porch this week.   Last year I had 2 swarms move in those nucs there.   Cleaned out a mouse nest out of a nuc box I had on the wood pile.  Letting it air out before I bait it up again.   Getting ready for swarm season up here.  5 new boxes in the basement ready to go catching.   

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 07:40:02 pm »
Got another today Shawee.
About a 5 pounder in the back yard. 
Had to put them into a medium cause they wouldn't have fit into the nuc. 

Gotta love swarm season!!!!
Bailey
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline Steel Tiger

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 03:03:43 am »
I can't wait for swarm season to start up here. Today was in the 40s and I saw turtles sunning themselves on a log in a nearby pond. Bees can't be too far behind.

anything