Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Lion's Ear -- an alternative to cannibas??????  (Read 32993 times)

Offline organicgrl37

• House Bee
Re: Lion's Ear -- an alternative to cannibas??????
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2007, 02:32:03 pm »
where I grew up ganja cookies or ganja cookies, or brownies was the way to go. Used to visit friends that always had some ganja ghee brewing and a stewing. It had stronger effects then smoking any old day.

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 12:43:15 am »
Directly Digesting any thing has more powerfull effects.

Smoking doesn't.

Why? If you smoke something, your lungs absorb what ever it is to a certain extent. If you eat something it is all digested and absorbed into your body. When you smoke you blow out smoke still don't you?

Theirs still some residual "effect" left in the smoke. AKA contact high.

I suggest making a Strong Tea, boil it down, and take a shot of it. BUT I would do more research. If you are interested in legal plants, go to erowids.org (google that i never get the address right) it has allot of information, aimed at informing people on drugs, it helps keep people from hurting them selfs.

Another method would be making an alcohol extract of it drip it on some tobacco, then smoke it (if you don't mind tobacco).

And cat nip DOESN'T get you high, thats a myth!
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 01:56:20 pm »

Honestly, it sounds like people killing themselves by burning their lungs out rather than submit themselves with the real thing which I have great belief in for medical (not to mention recreational) reasons. Seeing both parents die of cancer, and with my Mom in chronic pain for years - I had always wished I had the kind of relationship where I could mention pot as a medical aid to help deal with her slow and painful death.

I don't advocate the use, I just recognise the effects and the hypocrazy of our government with the laws against personal use - meanwhile we have endless access to alcohol which destroys the lives of millions each year.

I am with you on this one. I watched my mom die a very painful death due to bone cancer. Wished I could get something to help her pain. Such stupid laws.
Annette

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 02:56:34 pm »
I just saw on MSN that Salvia (maybe salivia) is the next marijuana plant. It has already been made illegal in Florida and several other states. Right now it is legal in the other states and gives a short time high. Like the article said when the goverment makes one drug (plant) illegal people find alternatives. 

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 05:02:03 pm »
It's only Salvia divinorum, not all salvias (they'd have a heck of a time controlling that!  Salvia is in the Lamiaceae family, which also contains the mints, basils, lavender, etc).  If I were younger I might know more about it  :evil:

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 11:09:27 pm »
Hi everybody!
 This is SOME thread!
 I've never heard of Lions Ear until tonite! I'll be googling it in a minute I suppose!
 I have to put my 2 cents worth in i suppose....
 I agree totally with you Beemaster. MJ should be legalized, without a doubt! I mean, Alcohol is legal,...but.....look at the damage it does! Health issues, car wrecks, violence, family colapse and bankruptcy! (Of course, I've NEVER had any of these problems....except for car wrecks, violence, health issues and being in the poorhouse almost).
 I always kinda figured if its green, its not so bad..If its white(or brown, or black) and made by changing it from its original state you should stay away from it. :-P Then again, you have to consider medicines...then consider side effects.
 Now, I've seen drunks all over the road..getting drunk is legal..being drunk in public or on the road isnt.
  Smokin' a little weed just makes you drive slower and hunch over the steering wheel...and giggle alot!...and then, sleep good! ;)
 Cancer patients SHOULD be ALLOWED to use it! Ive seen so many good things happen to sick people when using pot! :)
 Salvia divinorum has some kind of benefits, I'm sure...Although, after reading about it on the internet it seems people (grown-ups like us) who try it say they believe EVERYBODY should at least try it once!. They also state that they have no desire to ever do it again.
 Salvis divinorum is being pushed away by the govt. now.
 Then you have the molds, the funguses,and the cacti that do tricky things to your mind.These are natural occuring things in nature too! I dont know what benefit they have to mankind but they sure were a BLAST when I was a teenager! On the other side of that coin I dont think I could ever do that kind of stuff again.I think that that kinda stuff(learning this after growing up) can be dangerous and harmful....If MY kid was to do what I did at his age I'd lock him up in a closet till he turned forty!(Not really, but i would kinda FREAK OUT!)
 I dont know what it is about these plants...I like the idea of growing things that have "Secrets" in them. I'm too old to take full advantage of them, but theres still part of me that just wont grow up...Still a part of me that says," Go ahead....touch it....see if it bites."
 Lions Ear,......Sounds pretty cool to me, Cindi! :-D
 your friend,
john

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 11:49:35 pm »
John, I agree with you, MJ should be legalized for medicinal reasons but also recreation.  Farmers could grow it in the summer instead of being subsidized. The same rules & laws as alcohol for driving & no smoking in public places. The gvt. should tax the heck out of it & use some of the $$ for substance abuse treatment & education. There could be quality control. Think of all the $$ saved on the "war on Drugs".  If we go directly to the people in other countries & pay them it would cut out the middlemen who are responsible for much of the crime.  Demand & supply, like any other commodity.  People are buying illegally now, they are not going to stop & maybe some of the ones doing the manufactured drugs wouldn't have started on em if they had an option. Yess, the stuff we do as young people!  God really does protect the stupid! I would be very upset if my daughter or stepdaughter did 1/10th of what I did!! :-X Being old decrepit & menopausal I don't need to lose any more brain cells!  I have enough trouble walking & talking at the same time! :-D I just found all the buttons at the top & poked em..dont know how to undo what I just did so forgive anything weird here...is there a spellcheck??  Thats what I was looking for  :oops:  Have a great night

Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 11:49:49 pm »
Hey Cindi!
 I just looked up Lions ear and it really got my attention!
 Its supposed to be good for helping balance heart rhythms and slow down fast heart rates! This would be beneficial to me as I have both these problems!..Unfortunately, I'd kinda be afraid to stop my regular medicines to try lions ear out...But, if someone here were to try it first, I might do it too!
your friend,
john

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2008, 12:15:24 am »
John, I grew the plants last year, towering about 12 feet tall, they were very unusual and different looking and were astounding.  I don't think that I ever got a picture of them, but they are so unique I am growing them again this year, rapid, rapid growing plants, and the prettiest orange flowers.  Never got around to trying any for any medical purposes, and probably won't get around to it, hee, hee.  Just grow it for the beauty, I saved seeds, so in the ground they will go when the time is nigh.  Have a wonderful and awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2008, 12:22:26 am »
Hmmm, thought it unusual that I didn't take a picture of the Lion's Ear, I did, I take pictures of everything, my Sony in my back jeans pocket all the time.  This is just a picture of the flower.  Didn't get one of the entire plant.  But picture a plant about 12 feet tall with these flowers going up the stalks (many many stalks on the plants), the flowers are held about 6 inches apart, along the stalk, it is a very airy looking plant, wish I had taken a picture of it.  It was almost as tall as the Fuller's Teasel, that was huge too.  Beautiful and best of the days to come, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2008, 12:42:36 am »
hey poka bee!~
 Yep,...I think the fun changed to hightech when the disco days ended...I mean there was stuff around but NOTHING like what people are doing today! It was kinda like a door opened and all of a sudden "Partying" took a whole new meaning!..Disco got lost..Rap started,..Punk came on the scene..What I call "Hell screaching music"became popular..........Then, I guess I became "Old".
I still hear it....."What Song is it You Wanna HEAR???!!!"...Remember?
        "FREEBIRD!!!" :)
And now, the kids today say, when they hear this," Man, thats ghetto!" :(

Disco,...At the time, I couldnt stand it..For me it was rock and roll!
 But I look back and realized, Disco days...What a great time period to grow up in!

hey Cindi!...That resembles a thistle a little bit! I gotta get me a few of these.
 Great picture too! I liked it just fine!
your friend,
john

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2008, 01:58:41 am »
SALVIA D. IS ANY THING BUT MARIJUANA

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A MARIJUANA HIGH DONT SMOKE SALVIA D.

IT IS A HEAVY PSYCHOACTIVE DRUG.

its legal if your 18 and is legal in most STATES. Depending on laws, some states have laws saying you can take substances to induce a high like state.

Plain leaf is pretty boring and you have to smoke allot of it with a butane torch, (or a torch lighter)

You need a water bong to smoke it. And an extract it, It cause strong hallucinations, similar to that of DMT! It hits almost instantaneously, causing strong OBE's and you loose all motor control practically, and can be scary on high extracts.

Theirs your average extracts of 10x 15x 20x 25x, their are even extracts hitting 40x-80x. Its not a party ethobotonical. Be careful and do your research if you use this drug. IT CAN be enjoyed by some people, if you dont mind loosing all control of reality for 10-30 mins. Thats the nice thing about salvia, it only lasts for 20-30 mins average,then starts to decline, having a HIGH for up to 2 hours afterwards.

Also 2 species of Coleus induce psychoactive states. You basically run as many leaves (fresh) as you can fit in a coffee filter, 4-5 times, and then drink the mixture. It is also in the mint family.

Their are MANy others that are legal too. If you want more information just PM me...

I errm, don't suggest these substances for any one.
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2008, 12:38:39 pm »
OOhhh, that looks so pretty!  I love the strange & unusual, so they are annuals?  Do they reseed themselves if allowed?  I like layers in the garden, gives more room for every bug to have a chance! Also looks cool!  I don't remember where I was reading here about butterfly weed?  I'm particularly interested in things that re-seed & come back forever.  I have so many places on the property that I could just put stuff in & let it go.
Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2008, 09:37:39 am »
Jody, I am a master of the plants that re-seed and I don't mind saying that, not bragging, but that is what I do.  I gather myriads of seeds from my annuals each year and set them to the wind to grow wherever they choose.  The original spots where the annuals are always send up their progeny, when the time is right.

Yes, as far as I known Lion's Ear is an annual, if it was a perennial, I wouldn't know it because I took out the entire plants to harvest seeds.  I am sure that this year I will see it popping up in places, just like the other self-seeding annuals I have.  Any questions, ask me, I also have seed of this if you want to start some, they germinate readily and grow like the dickens, enormous plants in just a couple of months, but you need room for them for surely, have a beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi

Offline Bodo

• House Bee
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2008, 01:00:27 pm »
Interesting Discussion...

I'm curious as to why people make a distinction between Ethanol and delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) when mentioning thier effects on driving/judgement.  It would appear that both compounds have similar effects on alertness, the ability to concentrate, coordination and reaction time. 

Likewise, why the thought that because it's 'natural' that it's somehow not harmful.  Or less harmful than 'un-natural' Ethanol.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2008, 12:52:00 am »
Hmmm....
 A distinction........
 Ok,...Theres a GREAT difference when it comes to altering thought and reflexes between alcohol and pot.
So,...To answer your question, we'll have to set up a lab and do a scientific study..This is gonna be the easy part.
 We'll use the front seat of a car as our laboratory.

Alrighty then....We have 2 subjects(people)..One person has just finished his 12 pack of Coronas( or maybe it can be an 18 pack of Natural Lite)(less percentage of alcohol in natural lite). The other person has just finished smoking a joint.

Now for the hard part..Each of us has to ride with one of the subjects 10 miles down the highway.

I would rather ride with the "Stoner".

This would be quite a predicament to someone who has never been around "Heads" or "Drunks". So, come with me, if you're not sure... It'll be fun!

Harmful?...I suppose anything can be harmful..Even oxygen or water if you get too much of it.(I thought about saying Gasoline fumes but gas is too expensive right now to be able to sniff the fumes).

Remember this saying?..."All in moderation...."

Heh, heh,...I thought I would add this...."I "Moderated" 2 beers while i was barbecuing this afternoon! :-D

Ok,..Thats about the limit of my "Philosophizing" tonite! (Thats a peculiar word, huh?)

your friend,
john

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2008, 02:54:41 pm »
I guess since im in law enforcement I look at this topic differently. Im tired of going to the schools because kids are trying to sell marijuana to other kids, smoking it during lunch break and going back into the school high, yelling at other kids, and cusing out the teachers. Im not just talking high school but also middle and grade school. Marijuana does different things to different people. Maybe when people can somke it and not crash and kill someone, not a good thing to see, then maybe it would be ok, to me. Its not a good way to start out the work week going to fatal crash and find out the person was high from marijuana. I know alcohol related crashes and deaths are more but right now alcohol is legal and marijuana is not. Thanks

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Lion's Ear -- an alternative to cannabis??????
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008, 03:37:35 pm »
the other thing about MJ is the length of the effect.  you can drink a couple of beers and be ok to drive in an hour.  bigger people usually have less impairment with the same amount of alcohol than a smaller person.  with MJ, you can not smoke a joint and be ok to drive in a couple of hours.  there is no correlation between size and effect.  you can not tell from one batch to another how strong your MJ will be.  there also seems to be a cumulative effect with MJ that you do not get with alcohol.  a long term marijuana smoker often shows long term impairment of judgment even when they do not smoke in excess.  a long term beer drinker who does not drink in excess does not show the same impairment.

i had my day with the stuff and at my age, i can see that day coming back at some point!  still, i hate the idea of one more drug being made easier to access.  it probably had it's medicinal uses, but as dane pointed out we have medical marijuana in oregon.  it has not been well regulated.  if it is going to be made available for medical use, it needs to be treated as any other controlled drug.

thought about growing the salvia.  always wanted to take that one good trip.  haven't gotten around to it.  might not come back!!!   :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2008, 07:49:30 pm »
hey Shawn!
 Good Reply!
 I especially liked your final statement about alcohol and pot being legal or not. I wouldnt want your job. I mean, theres alot of people who become cops and work at it so long that its hard to see people as the same people as non- cops see them..Dealing with jerks, over and over...Not being appreciated for sticking your neck out...
 I totally respect your view of drugs and alcohol..I dont agree in some areas, but that doesnt make me not like you!..You are a beekeeper!...Just like me!...And I bet we'd get along fine!
 Oh yeh,...I went to the police academy here in Wichita falls in 1976. In the same year I went to the Tx Dept of Public Safety Academy in Austin Tx.....I quit,....I had had enough of the discipline part.
 By 1978, I got"Into Trouble" for the first time..I didnt start "behaving" until about 15 years ago. One thing I can tell you though...Every time I got in trouble, I deserved it!. Matter of fact, I even got along really well with my arresting officers afterwords!
 This parts kinda funny....When I went to the academy here, one of the guys I went to school here with went to the academy(local) with me, but he stayed with it, and is still doing it....Then, around 1980, I ran into a guy that looked familiar..Real familiar for some reason,...We got to talking,....Compared backgrounds and family,....And Low and behold,!!!...He was in the Boy Scouts with me when I lived in California!!!...We were both about 9 or 10!! I even remember that my dad was a driver for the troop for a 9 day campout in the Sierra Nevadas!...And, his dad was the driver for the trip coming home!( and boy, was I homesick!),
Well,..Thats about all.
your friend,
john

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2008, 10:09:04 pm »
I hear ya Johhnybigfish.  As A cop I've often arrested people I liked more than the ones I worked with.  Even nice guys can make Bad Choices.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!