Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 2 of my 3 hives  (Read 3426 times)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
2 of my 3 hives
« on: December 30, 2007, 08:11:01 pm »
heres my 2 hives in the back yard. This spring i will add 6 more I hope!
your friend,
john

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: 2 of my 3 hives
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 08:22:03 pm »
Nice strong looking hives, especially the one on the left. I like your hive stand. If you put another hive on it, you may need a center leg. Good luck with the additional hives.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 08:36:48 pm »
Funny you should say that asprince.
 Just a few weeks ago I had to lift the back up(and front) as it started sinking in the dirt...I didnt put any feet on it originally. This is made of "Dexion". Its a type of galvanized angle iron with patterns of holes in it.Kind of like a "Grown-ups erector set". The military used to use it alot but during the last 20 years The military has gone to pre-fab shelving.....theres not too many people around anymore who know how to actually use this stuff.ok,...seeya later!
 your friend,
john

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 10:07:05 am »
John, so nice to see those pictures, glad you are getting them on the forum now.  They look lovely set in the trees like that, I love to look at beehive pictures, takes me into those beautiful days of summer.  Have a great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 10:30:03 pm »
  All thanks go to you Cindi!
 Yeh, doin' the pics has given me more satisfaction than when i couldnt do pics!..Hmmm,...Wait'll you see my beesting pics!
Yeh, thats it!...Lets start a bee sting post!
your friend,
john

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 10:22:49 am »
John, OK, you got me laughing out loud.  Bet you got some great pics of the bee stings to show us.  Start that thread!!!  Be the first to show off the big fat bee sting bodies, should all be good for a laugh or two, go for it, just do it.  Have the best and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service