Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: KTB Swarm Trap  (Read 2588 times)

Offline Stlnifr

• House Bee
KTB Swarm Trap
« on: October 08, 2010, 05:05:14 pm »
I am now officially ready for spring I have made nine "9" KTB Swarm Traps the top bars are interchangeable with my Kenya Top Bar Hives. They each hold 12 bars the traps are 15 inches by 18 inches by 11 1/4 inches. I have two KTBH so now I will concentrate on building hives. I will build three more hives and call it quits.

I will consider my self lucky if I trap any swarms. I have 7 spots chosen for the traps this spring all with the approval of the owners at each location. Three will go in the vicinity of a bee tree and this is where I think I may get lucky. One will go on a tree on the river bank bees are always working wild cherry trees in the vicinity. One each will go by a creek different creeks. One on my hunt club property and one on a watermelon field. The last one will go on my 6 acres where I live.

So everybody wish me luck and if I have any then I will officially be a beek.
Jesus Christ--The reason for the season!

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a veteran.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: KTB Swarm Trap
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 05:24:16 pm »
Good luck with it! It sounds as if you've thought this through pretty well.

Remember to get your traps out there as early as you can...bees will swarm with the prediction of a flow and won't always wait for the flow to begin. The first (primary) swarms are always the most robust and will build comb like machines.

Keep us posted on your efforts!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Stlnifr

• House Bee
Re: KTB Swarm Trap
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 09:08:51 pm »
Well my luck must be good I have been given directions to another Bee Tree in the river swamp. I will either have to make two more traps or divert two from the 7 spots I have chosen to place traps. I like JP's suggestions so I will set two traps at both bee trees one at 150 yards and one at 300 yards.
Jesus Christ--The reason for the season!

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a veteran.

anything