Utah Bees#14b
0 (0%)
Utah Bees#25
1 (5.6%)
Utah Bees #42
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 13, 2008, 11:10:11 pm

Author Topic: March 2008 entries  (Read 43197 times)

Offline UtahBees

• House Bee
    • My Photos on Flickr
Re: March 2008 entries
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 07:26:52 pm »
Here am I. :)

Beautiful field! Love the sky too

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 01:51:29 am »
Abejaruco, what a beautiful field of flowers, lovely, and the dog.......what flowers are those?  Have a beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline beeginner

• House Bee
  • The swarm I hived
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 06:08:13 am »
There ya go!!!!

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/Carson946/Creek/Picture092.jpg

Thats on my friends land!  And I have a bunch more photos of the creek! some of just the other day with it really flowing after the rain and snow!

I can't help it I just have to put one more photo!

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/Carson946/Creek/OtherDay5.jpg
 :-D  let me know what ya think.      I can all ways go up to the forest and take some photos of a water fall comeing out of a cave! ;)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 10:48:49 am »
Beginner, ooooh, I think that those pictures are absolutely, and I mean this truly, beautiful, I love the pictures of creeks and the waterfalls that are born there, so pretty.  That is what I think and I think too that you should go and get some more pictures in the forest.  Especially of the waterfall coming out of the cave, nature has some of the most beautiful things to offer, if we only take the time to go and look.  Have the best of this wonderful day, be careful when you are in the forest getting those pictures.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline UtahBees

• House Bee
    • My Photos on Flickr
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2008, 01:09:01 pm »
beeginner, yes I agree w/ Cindi. Very beautiful!

Offline UtahBees

• House Bee
    • My Photos on Flickr
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 06:27:48 pm »
Another photo, but on the topic of beekeeping:

Again, click on the photo and it'll take you my Flickr site.

Thanks guys -

UtahBees

Offline beeginner

• House Bee
  • The swarm I hived
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 07:01:37 pm »
Ty     

When it warms up I'll run up to the forest and get some good photos. 

I've been short on time this year.  With the tornados ice storms and wind storms!  Vol FireFighter is harder then ya think LOL  And now I have blasted Jury dutey for 4 Dang months.   So im going to try ever thing I can to get out of it. I have a bunch of stuff to do in the 4 months that some i've had pland sence last year!!  Really makes me mad that Im getting to know a gril I really like and this pops up   :oops:  lol  Myabe I can talk to them and change my dates out from like Sept to JAN, there slowest times for me sence it gets to cold to work and beekeeping slows down.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2008, 01:04:41 am »
Beeginner, I remember you telling us about some of your work with the volunteer fire department and the wind storms, I still marvel at people like you that help our fellow humans so much, there is a woman on our forum that does intense volunteer work, for the Red Cross, that is KathyP.  My hat off to both of you, and if there are any others that I didn't mention, I am sorry, I take my hat off to you too.

Being on jury duty for four months would surely cut into a deep part of your life.  We have these things that get in our way sometimes.

So, when the weather gets better, and you CAN find some time, take some pictures, but don't sweat it, all good things take time.

Scott, what a beautiful, and I mean really beautiful picture of your jar of honey, lovely, a picture is worth a thousand words, that saying holds so true.  Have the most beautiful and wonderful day, lovin' life on our earth.  Cindi

Offline DennisB

• House Bee
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 05:40:31 pm »
This is a lot better than the snow that we've seen the last month or so. Hope it brightens up your day a bit. It was taken in my backyard late last summer when the heat was still on. Seeing the little girls start to come out on the warmer days now sets the heart a thumpin' . I sure am looking forward to spring!

DennisB

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 11:51:12 pm »
DennisB

That photo is a winner. Loved it!!

Annette

Offline DennisB

• House Bee
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2008, 09:44:58 am »
Thanks Annette,

The best part of a digital camera is you can take a million pictures and delete all but the good ones. While I can't take credit for that particular bee (my hives are up in the country) the purple coneflower is in my wifes wildflower garden in the back yard. Some of the flowers that she has are really cool looking. I think I followed that bee and took 20 or 30 pictures of her doing what she does best. Most ended up in the recycle bin.

DennisB

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2008, 11:19:50 pm »
Dennis, agreement here, that was a very pretty picture, took me right back to the dog days of summer, beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline UtahBees

• House Bee
    • My Photos on Flickr
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2008, 02:09:58 am »
Wow - awesome swarms! That's $62 right there that I'm paying per package!

Thanks for sharing

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2008, 11:19:21 am »
Azahar (citrus flower)

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2008, 01:12:12 pm »
Magnificent Abejaruco!!!!!

Annette

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2008, 01:13:49 pm »
Ok, here are two: http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus/March102008/photo#5176296324576935138

..JP

That photo looks like the plant is growing out of the swarm. Forgot to tell you JP how cool that is.

Annette

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2008, 11:27:41 pm »
Abejaruco, I remember a picture like this one last year you took, of the citrus, this is just as beautiful.  I remember you speaking of the flower, the discussion, I also remember that you said the flower was highly fragrant, oh how nice, I love the fragrance of the white flowers, there is no other colour that has the stronger scent than a white coloured flower.  Beautiful, thankyou for taking us into this part of your world.  Best of this beautiful day and more to come.  Cindi

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2008, 01:11:34 pm »
This is a lot better than the snow that we've seen the last month or so. Hope it brightens up your day a bit. It was taken in my backyard late last summer when the heat was still on. Seeing the little girls start to come out on the warmer days now sets the heart a thumpin' . I sure am looking forward to spring!

DennisB

Dennis,

I made that photo my background photo on the computer at work.

Annette

Offline DennisB

• House Bee
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2008, 11:49:57 am »
Thanks Annette, that is quite a compliment. That photo by Abejaruco is super. Is that what they call a black bee? We have some native ones like that we call leafcutter bees. They are native to our area and don't hive like the honeybee. There are so many great photographers on this forum! The swarms looks like little dreams hanging on the branches.

Yesterday was a very rainy and cloudy day here so my granddaughter (6 years old) and I got out some paints and painted her brood boxes with pictures and things like that. We are waiting for the spring splits to give her some bees for her own hive.   I will take some pics before the weekend and post under the other photo section, she is sooooooo proud!!!