Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Well it's done  (Read 1841 times)

Offline tom

• House Bee
Well it's done
« on: June 18, 2006, 09:50:58 pm »
Hello Guy's

I finally did it today i took a frame of capped brood and a half of a frme drawn and put it into my top deep super now i will sit back and wait to see if that will give them a hint to move up. The brood chamber is packed with alot of bees and brood so i hope this will get them to move up i have not seen any queen cells just a ton of brood so i know they are doing well. But my other two hives are not drawing out any more comb and they are working but not expanding i have a new queen on her way in a couple of weeks so if they have not drawn out any more i am going to unite them together after the third hive except the new queen and then when i am finish she will be the only one in both hives.

YOURS TRULY

Tom

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Well it's done
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 10:23:24 pm »
Putting the brood frame up might not have been a good idea, the brood should be kept together so that it doesn't chill and develop disease.  The idea behind baiting is to put the honey frames up.  Taking the honey frames from the outside of the brood box and moving them up so that the frames of foundation that replaces them doesn't disturb or divide the brood chamber.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline tom

• House Bee
I agree with you
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 12:28:51 am »
Mr. Bray

I do agree with what you are saying but when i checked my hive for a honey frame there was none my queen is the best i have had since i started back keeping bees she  has every frame in the brood chamber full with brood. As for the top the frame of brood has a ton of bees on it and they are starting to draw out the other frames close to it and the nites here are warm and all of the capped brood has hatched out so they are filling that frame with honey.

Tom

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Well it's done
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 07:41:02 am »
Tom,

And like I keep saying there are exceptions to every rule and it seems you've found another one.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!