Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello From Lovely Lee Florida  (Read 2448 times)

Offline lambert321

• Brood
Hello From Lovely Lee Florida
« on: October 14, 2007, 05:08:59 pm »
Afternoon -

My brother, a neighbor and good friend, and I have bought a couple of colonies and set up shop in north central Florida, on the Withlacoochee River, just a few miles from its conjunction to with the Suwannee River.  We purchased nucs and starter stuff from Dadant in High Springs, FL, east of Lake City.  A very nice transaction with helpful people, by the way.

We've had lots of rain this past month (32 inches in as many days), so the fall bloom is significant.

We are monitoring bee activity and learning lots fast.

We'll be lurking, mostly, since we'd have little except observation to offer.

David Lambert

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: Hello From Lovely Lee Florida
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 05:17:14 pm »
Welcome to the forum! I am familiar with your area. I am originally from Leon County Fla and have vacation on the Suwannee River.

Everyone here is like family, lots of experienced people that do not mind sharing.

Steve   
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 12:44:36 am »
Welcome to the forums. We need more Florida Beekeepers..  :-D

Enjoy!

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 06:01:25 pm »
As your local beemaster.com ambasador :-D,Welcome to the forums. I live in lake city and would be glad to assist you if you ever need it. 

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 10:31:50 pm »
David, welcome!!!  You have found a place that you are going to love spending some high quality time, a great place to learn.

You say you will mostly be lurking because you only have observations.  We love to hear the observations of beekeepers, don't be silent, tell us the things that you see, experience, opinions, ask as many questions as you ever would like to do, we are all learning with things and the bees.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day on our earth.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service