Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beekeeper in Central NY  (Read 2399 times)

Offline misskimmie

• Brood
Beekeeper in Central NY
« on: April 11, 2011, 09:21:50 pm »
Hi, I grew up learning about beekeeping from my Polish grandfather 50 years ago. After I got married, grandpa gave all his bees and equipment to my husband.  We kept bees for a few years, then lost them due to mites.  Starting a business and raising a young family kept us busy so we put the gear away. Three years ago, we ordered a nuke, pulled the gear out and are looking to expand this year to three colonies. I have a 3/4 acre village lot (the house I grew up in), with a big kitchen garden and fruit trees. I bake bread, can food, make wine and sew. I like to camp, hike and kayak in the Adirondacks. I'm also a botanical photographer and a video/tv producer.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Beekeeper in Central NY
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 10:54:55 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 12:07:19 am »
Hi, I grew up learning about beekeeping from my Polish grandfather 50 years ago. After I got married, grandpa gave all his bees and equipment to my husband.  We kept bees for a few years, then lost them due to mites.  Starting a business and raising a young family kept us busy so we put the gear away. Three years ago, we ordered a nuke, pulled the gear out and are looking to expand this year to three colonies. I have a 3/4 acre village lot (the house I grew up in), with a big kitchen garden and fruit trees. I bake bread, can food, make wine and sew. I like to camp, hike and kayak in the Adirondacks. I'm also a botanical photographer and a video/tv producer.

You sound like an extremely unusual person with all those nice hobbies you have. Well the bees are going to be very happy with you I can tell you that.  Make sure you share your beautiful photos with us. I just love nice photos of the bees and flowers.

Good luck and continue to share your experiences with the bees.

Annette

Offline Shanevrr

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 12:53:03 am »
wow will you marry me!!! :shock:

welcome to beemaster
www.Valleybeesupply.com
"A responsible beekeeper is a successful one"
Shane C.

Offline dronedave22

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 10:35:10 pm »
Welcome misskimmie I am half Polish myself, my Grandfather didn't keep bees but he did breed some very beautiful canaries.

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 12:18:59 am »
Welcome to the site!

Offline Bee Brothers Apiary

• New Bee
    • EveryThing Honey Bee, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 04:50:20 pm »
Hey miss k, how are the hives doing?