Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello folks from Columbia, SC...  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Redbug

• New Bee
Hello folks from Columbia, SC...
« on: February 08, 2014, 07:03:05 pm »
I am Dave and live at Columbia, SC. I used to have a couple hives about 30 years or so ago, and am getting back into the hobby. Starting out all over again, really. I retired about a month ago...Woo Hoo!!!...and will have more time to follow my passions. This is one of them. I ordered a package of bees and a starter kit from Dante already. I mentioned bees to a good friend of mine...and he wants to join me, too! So...we are both going to put the bees out at his farm. Ain't life great!
Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Offline cdray

• House Bee
    • Find me on Facebook
Re: Hello folks from Columbia, SC...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 07:16:37 pm »
Congratulations on your retirement and welcome to the forum!

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 07:24:42 pm »
Welcome to the forum!   
I recommend you put one hive at your house and one at his house. This way you both will learn what they are doing by watching them coming and going. I recommend you work together when you go into the hives.

Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 07:37:54 pm »
Welcome Dave. let the fun begin! :bee:

Offline Redbug

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 08:37:32 pm »
Thank you you guys!

That's a good idea, Jim. (I used to live at Waycross), I have a couple other hives and stuff coming from Mann Lake, too, (free shipping). After I put them together and paint them, one will stay at the house.

Down here...I can just see a little red popping out on the red maples. That's the good first sign this winter will be ending in not too long...despite what the groundhog says.  
Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 01:48:29 am »
Welcome to the forum, Redbug.  Welcome back to beek.  Good luck to you and your bees.

Joe

Offline Redbug

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 08:26:05 am »
Thank you Joe!
Dave

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 08:09:45 pm »
Welcome!
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.