Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: looking for picture of bee  (Read 3073 times)

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
looking for picture of bee
« on: October 22, 2012, 11:12:02 am »
Hello folks,

Would anyone have a non-copyright black and white picture of a bee please I could use on my honey labels facing right.  It would be quite small on the label.  I am having a printers design and print the labels because I am basically too lazy to do it myself.  Also, I think the cost beats the cost of home printer ink.  They will be pretty plain - and cheap.  I would like to send the proof back in the next day or two.

Soon I will have 300 jars and 1000 labels so I will have to squeeze some honey out of the poor bees to fill them.

Thanks,  Lone

Offline JPBEEGETTER

• House Bee
Re: looking for picture of bee
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 11:35:28 am »
Lone, here are some I printed myself. I found the bee on the inernet, but foregot where now. But you can find these images out there every where. Joel.

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 12:15:45 pm »
Thanks JPBG...only I'd rather make sure it wasn't copyrighted. 

Offline JPBEEGETTER

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 01:08:02 pm »
These are graphics that are put out there for your own use-- not copyrighted... it usually tells you if they are..JPP

Offline JPBEEGETTER

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 01:46:48 pm »
Lone, goto yahoo.com  type in "free honey bee graphics"   and take your pick

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 01:18:45 am »
Thanks JPBG,

It's certainly hard to find something free you don't have to pay for. 
But I think I might stick with the company's bee.  The fellow who let me basically copy his labels has that bee on his jars and sells honey in my town, but my picture will end up being different and a different colour, so no one will mix up our honeys. 

Lone

Offline Harpo

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 12:21:57 am »
So Lone - why does the bee have to face right as opposed to left  ;)

Is it because we're Down Under? Like our flushing loo's go the other way?  :-D

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 12:24:00 am »
It's a Romney supporter?  :-D
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 12:37:05 am »
Lone, just take a pic of a bee on a nectar or pollen source and use it in your label.

That's what I did.  Good luck with yours.

Joe

Offline Jeanette

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 11:59:20 pm »
Have you considered using the freestockphotos.biz website?

Most of those photos and sketches are free to use for commercial purposes. The licence information for each image will tell you if it is a public domain (or other) picture.
Jeanette

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 02:22:28 am »
I have found out the only way to get a picture of a bee that is suitable is to draw it yourself.  I even tried to pass the task off to a visitor last week.  She said she could draw but then didn't come up with anything.  I thought the printing firm might have professional graphic designers, but the proofs they have sent have been fairly bad, beaten only by their failure to proof read their own work and add a few spelling errors each time.  But they are prompt and the layout seems all right after a few tweaks.   I can only have one colour so due to necessity I did a line drawing of the property with the bee.
Harpo, facing right so it is facing the writing on the label.
Joe, I tried a photo but it comes out fuzzy.
Jeanette, I couldn't find anything I liked under bee.

Thanks folks.  I was really hoping one of you would have actually done the drawing instead of me having to   :roll:  haha  Anyway I should have packaged honey in a few weeks.

Lone

Offline JPBEEGETTER

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 11:11:51 am »
Try these.