Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: greetings from surrey bc canada  (Read 1737 times)

Offline hongsi

• New Bee
  • jook fung
    • chris's honey yard
greetings from surrey bc canada
« on: December 20, 2008, 10:45:26 pm »
I have been keeping bees for twenty years.  My interest in bees was preceded by my interest in Apitherapy, man's first medicine, because I needed guaranteed raw organic honey.  I had suffered with allergies and immune system poblems for years and with my new found knowledge solved my and my familes allergy problems.  I sell honey on the side of the road and practice Apitherapy as a lay practitioner. There are a lot of hay fever/ rhinitis folks out there and many have found a solution using bee hive products.  My focus now is on small cell bees , I know there is relief from mites and many other advantages that I must fully explore.  I have seen Apis Cerana when I visit beekeepers in Hong Kong.  They do not use mite controls and of course these are small cell bees.  They are not big producers and swarm at seven or eight frames of brood and bees.  All bee keeping is done in a single Langstroth deep with a follower board.  Honey is taken a frame at a time as it comes in.
There will be a time when the old shall be new again  ovid

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
Re: greetings from surrey bc canada
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 11:16:33 pm »
Welcome! You sound like you live fairly close to Cindi, well, closer than I amat least!  You will enjoy the "family" here! There is so much info & I'm sure you have stories of what has worked for you, what you have tried & all in the last 20 years! I too started cause of allergies (well, I always wanted bees...) Getting too annoyed w/the allergies & don't like to medicate.  So you do the sting stuff?? There are others here that find relief that way also but I'm not sure if it's on purpose or not! You will have to explain what & how, we are a nosy bunch!  Small cell, I put my first packages on small cell & then used starter strips instead of foundation in the supers.  That way they build what they need & want to.  Again, welcome!  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 12:41:37 pm »
Hongsi, welcome to our forum, as Jody said, you are close to me, across the river.  I am in Maple Ridge, you know the area?

This is a place where you will love to spend time, a place to ask questions, tell your stories, tales and experiences.  Stick around, we love new members.  Have a wonderful and awesome day, great life, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 10:30:28 pm »
Hello and Welcome Hongsi
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny