Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: made the paper again  (Read 4746 times)

Offline danno

• Super Bee
made the paper again
« on: May 14, 2009, 09:52:38 am »
A friend and I were busy making 100 splits on monday when a reporter from the local paper pulled in to watch.  We had a extra suit so I had him back up an suit up.  He spend a few hours with us.  The bee's were pretty fired up and in his article he stated that this was the most intimidating thing he had ever done.  The next day we had half the front page with a big pic of me checking a frame with a couple of thousand bees on the top of my hood.  They joked saying i looked like a ice cream cone with sprinkles.  We also had 1/3 of page 3 and 1/2 doz more photos and a really good story

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
Re: made the paper again
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 10:09:19 am »
Neat!  How did the reporter find you?  Any chance you can post the article?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline Eshu

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 10:12:39 am »
The article is here:

http://www.ludingtondailynews.com/news.php?story_id=44488&newsgroup_id=

Unfortunately, there are no photos...

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 11:05:54 am »
Eshu, my curiosity is up, how did you know where Dan's articile was, please elaborate, smiling.

Dan, oh you maka me proud!!!  There is something beautiful about a story being told about oneself in the newspaper.  I've been there several times, and I know how you must be feeling.  Good for you, yay, it is is so nice to hear these stories about my forum friends.  Lovely, you keep on keepin' on, you're doing some good work with the bees.  Have that most beautiful, most wonderful, most awesome day, life and health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 12:23:09 pm »
Thats awsume Eshu.  I wish it had the pics.  I am also wondering how you found that.  To answer your question Bassman,  I work full time for the county and had taken a day off.  The reporter had called my boss to ask a question and after asked to take to me.  He told him I was off working bees and told him where to find me.
Also thank you Cindi!!  You know that my success with my bees this past year had alot to do with you. Thanks again my friend

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 12:34:15 pm »
Thats awsume Eshu.   I am also wondering how you found that. 
Just a wild guess, but Eshu probably saw your profile listing your location as "Ludington, Michigan" and figured the "Ludington Daily News" was a good place to look!  :-D

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 12:58:28 pm »
Good Job Danno 100 splits in a day or two sounds like a lot of work to me

Keith

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
    • Organic gardening and Bee Services.
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 01:43:53 pm »
Way to go !!!!!  Keepin the bees in the public eye in a positive way is the tops!!! Keep it up up there.
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 01:49:58 pm »
Nice story.  Sounds like the reporter was actually listening and not putting in bogus information as I'm sure most of us have seen at one time or another.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 02:36:55 pm »
This reporter has written stories about me many times.  I have had a ADC trapping business for 18 years and hunted with hawks for 6 so he knows he can always get a story if he treats me right.  The first time he asked me for a story I told him yes as long as I could proof it before he printed and he agreed. I have never had to worry sinse then.  He still remembers the time he spelled my name wrong and reminds me of the @22 chewing he got for it

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 03:47:25 pm »
Good Job Danno 100 splits in a day or two sounds like a lot of work to me

Keith

My "Back" hurts just reading that  :-\

Offline Eshu

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 04:46:47 pm »
Thats awsume Eshu.   I am also wondering how you found that. 
Just a wild guess, but Eshu probably saw your profile listing your location as "Ludington, Michigan" and figured the "Ludington Daily News" was a good place to look!  :-D

Indy got it right.  I pasted danno's location in Google, added the word newspaper, and voila!

Offline Paperman

• New Bee
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 08:49:51 pm »
I saw that in the paper.  As a new beek it was nice to see others in the area.  Good work. 

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 09:16:50 pm »
welcome to the group Paperman

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 09:22:15 pm »
Danno, that a good article the written about you

Johnny

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 09:40:20 pm »
really neat. and good for the reporter for getting involved (I have to wonder if he wasn't using your work as a test case to see if he wants a hive or two).
be happy and make others happy.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 06:26:28 pm »
Dan, thank you for the kind words.  I may have assisted, but it was you that brought success, you were the one that listened to my advice, smiling.  Works, eh?  Have that wonderful, most awesome day, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 02:23:41 pm »
never mind

anything