Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1504 times)

Offline beljim

• Brood
« on: October 02, 2011, 03:19:45 pm »
Hello, my name is Jim Belyeu. I live in central Alabama and am new to beekeeping. I hope to begin with two-three hives next spring and am learning as much as possible toward that end. Our state meeting is this coming weekend and my daughters and I look forward to learning much and making aquaintances.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 04:00:11 pm »
Welcome Jim

A great time to come in, take this Fall and Winter to learn all you can, ask any question no matter how silly it may seem, and please also take advantage of the ARCHIVES using the SEARCH feature. It works of keyword and terms, so try to specify what you are searching, but EVERY POST ever WRITTEN HERE is there available, so you ave about 8 years of collective articles to read through also.

But the one on one-ness of the forum will be your greatest aid. Best wishes and I'm sure you'll be read come Spring. Again Welcome.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 05:30:47 pm »
Welcome to the forum.   :cheer:

This forum is great for learning things that work or not work for others. This does not mean everything will work for you but it gives you a heads up what to look for. Concider keeping a journal of your activities and those of the bees .Most of us also learn from our mistakes that are easier to see from a journal then our memory. :brian:

Also look for local clubs and a good mentor, as you can gain experience helping your mentor.  -Mike
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

Offline yockey5

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 07:05:23 pm »
Many years ago I too devoured ABC-XYZ of bee culture, then got my first hive. Welcome to the enslavement of the bees! They (honeybees) are dominant and will bless/control you forever more!  :-P

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 07:37:02 pm »
Welcome to the site!

anything