Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: sanctuary  (Read 5735 times)

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
sanctuary
« on: October 14, 2008, 11:32:48 am »
watched the 1st episode online.  i liked it.  something new and a good cast.  will be interesting to watch it develop.  scifi has come up with good stuff after taking over the sg1 series.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: sanctuary
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 12:33:17 pm »
Kathy"

I enjoyed it too - I caught the internet feed of the young boy with the weird and deadly issues of his affliction, and injoyed the ex-FBI character. (lots of shows are offering us a brilliant lead character, House, Life, etc) so we see shows that depend on a single character but give FRINGE on Fox a try, tonight is the night it is on, but get all 4 episodes they've had so far there. Each has developed the other characters, has a strong female lead and it follows in the feel of shows like the 4400 where ALTHOUGH in a difinite order, they don't depend on previous episodes to fill this weeks show. The characters are unique and strong and a female lead character is good to see in a strong show like this - I think Fringe will be around a few seasons, its really good. Not to forget it deals with everything from the occult to ufos to special powers, there is something for everyone here!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 12:44:54 pm »
i recorded fringe while i was gone.  it's on my list of shows to watch this week.  i felt that sanctuary kind of started in the middle of the story, but am expecting back story as it goes on.  this seems to be the way shows go these days, and it can be interesting.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 01:02:20 am »
figured out why it seemed the show started in the middle.  first season was on the web in canada.  i think it's still available, so i'll try to catch up when time permits. 

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 06:40:10 am »
Got a link?

I found out by accident that "Eleventh Hour" is a remake. I watched four episodes of "The Eleventh Hour" on the BBC channel. Patrick Stewart played the main character.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 12:04:05 pm »
i have not tried any links yet, but looks like some may be on the scifi channel and most seem to be on youtube.  if i find a site that has all, i'll post it.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 07:44:19 pm »
i caught up on sanctuary and fringe.  i like both.  also like the bbc's primeval.  it's kind of fun.  heroes is scrambling my brain this year and i can't wait for 24 to start :-)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 08:26:41 pm »
 I bet you guys have one of those machines like TIVO.
 I really like the sci-fi shows but the commercials kill me!

your friend,
john

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 07:54:52 pm »
i have dish DVR.  i am in bed early, so i would never see anything without it.  on the nights that are boring, i watch the stuff i have recorded....or the nights that hubby is watching sports.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 12:27:35 pm »
About Fridge, I really enjoy it, the character Walter is amazing and makes the show worth watching.

Most all my TV is now from online - I'll catch up with 2 or 3 weeks at once on my terms :)

About Heroes, it is very complicated this season, prestent, 400 years a go, last week, in 2012 - they are just all over the place, and I have issues with good and bad players interacting, like Peter Patrelli.

But all said, it is a good year for TV. About 24, it is only a 2 hour movie with Keefier Southerland in it, any news on the series - I assume Rick Shroeder is now the new Jack Bauer?
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 12:50:40 pm »
the two hour opener on 24 is a prequel to catch us up.  no word on the season story line, but there is a season planned.  no real word on characters either.