Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Houston (Sugarland / Missouri City) Area - Colony extraction needed 1-30-2012  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Rex Smith

• House Bee
    • Harmony Hollow Apiary
(feel free to move this post to the "HoneyBee Removal" forum - Sorry for posting this in the wrong spot!!)

Hello Folks,

I'm in Dallas - and just received this email from a dear friend of mine.  It seems that her acupuncture Dr. has bees forming their comb in a rain gutter - so they are looking for a local beekeeper to remove them.

If you are in the Houston / Sugarland / Missouri City area - and would like their contact info - please email me via my profile or send me a PM and I can get you my cell phone number..

Thanks,
Rex "Hawk" S.

Here's the original message that was sent to me:

>> Hawk lives in Dallas but I bet he knows someone who knows someone in Houston  : )

Rex, jmg77584 is my son, Jim.  James Zhou is our acupuncturist and he lives in Sugar Land or Missouri City, not sure which.  Can you offer a local contact?

In a message dated 1/30/2012 4:14:24 P.M. Central Standard Time, writes:

James Zhou has honey bees forming a hive in his gutter, any  ideas how to get rid of the bees. He checked with the city and a pest guy to relocate the hive but it is a lot of money. Does Hawk live anywhere near his house?

Modified to add date to title: buzzbee
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 07:28:33 pm by buzzbee »

Offline Rex Smith

• House Bee
    • Harmony Hollow Apiary
Are there no Houston area beeks interested?  BTW - I contacted the Houston area beekeepers club officers - and they have not responded to my email, either...

Offline vmmartin

• House Bee
Tempted, but that is about 100 miles from me. :-\

Offline Rex Smith

• House Bee
    • Harmony Hollow Apiary
Bumping the post... - Update for 2-12-2012

Just got an email from my friend - and no-one has responded as yet from the Houston area.  (Again - I'm in Dallas - so would jump on it if it weren't so far!)

He says this morning that : "Any luck on finding a bee keeper in the Sugarland area? I went to his house yesterday and the bees were not active due to the cold according to Dr. Zhou (I did not see any bees). Thank you, James"

Thanks,
Rex "Hawk" S.

Offline Rex Smith

• House Bee
    • Harmony Hollow Apiary
Thread can now be closed.  A Houston area Beek has been put into contact with the folks in need.  Thanks so much!

Rex "Hawk" S.