Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How is recruitment going?  (Read 8649 times)

Offline Lechwe

• House Bee
How is recruitment going?
« on: June 01, 2004, 10:37:06 am »
Buzz and BeeBoy,

How are you doing finding other youths for your forum? I don't qualify but you may be able to recruit from the following with a little research.

http://www.homestead.com/BeeKeepers/BeesRUs.html

Try and get in touch with them and I bet you enlist some more mebers.

Good luck

Darrell

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 04:05:02 pm »
If Buzz and/or Bee Boy are ever out my way to visit, I'll set them up in the motorhome (what a luxurious stay for teens) www.beemaster.com/bus.html I'd really do some beekeeping stuff, get them both neck high in these hives and do some local recruiting :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline buzz

• House Bee
    • My home page... nothing much
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 05:21:47 pm »
I emailed them and hopefully some of them will join.
Scott
----------
"If you have no money and you have few possessions, if you have a dog you are still rich"
----------
"Forgiveness is easier to get than permission"

Offline buzz

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 04:24:20 pm »
Does anyone have any ideas of people to contact????
Scott
----------
"If you have no money and you have few possessions, if you have a dog you are still rich"
----------

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 07:57:55 pm »
I am working hard with school members, A few teachers want me to come in already and I cant say no! I told them that my hives arent even here yet but I sed I would do what ever I could for them if are principle alows it. bye
Ryan Horn

Offline buzz

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 04:08:48 pm »
One of my friends was in town, and I showed him all of the bee stuff, and I got him interested.
Scott
----------
----------

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2005, 09:47:01 pm »
My dad is converting 1/4 of an acre in to an apiery for me now, he is very interested in them and them polinating his clover feilds. bye
Ryan Horn

Offline silverjump

• Brood
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2005, 11:39:25 pm »
Not to sound rude, but if your forum is on beekeeping I would be interested in joining.  I'm not experienced in even basic beekeeping but I am a teen and I can learn.  Please excuse me if I have been rude or putting my nose where it doesn't belong.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2005, 11:49:00 pm »
You are not being rude. We are all here to help, just ask. The only stupid question is the question not asked. And dont feel stupid if you ask a already asked question, it happens sometimes, just do a search on the forum before you ask, bye
Ryan Horn

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2005, 02:15:35 am »
I'm not a teen, but....

I think so far we have about 4 other teens here, so your more than welcome to join.
There's Buzz, Beeboy, Horn's Pure Honey, and BuzzyBody (I think that's right). And now you. If I missed one of the teens, please straighten me up.
This forum is a place for anyone - but most of all, family friendly. It's not some "adult" site, and one of our rules is for everyone to behave (and that includes language and telling only clean jokes). I guess my main reason I'd love to see more teens is for Buzz and BeeBoy. They were the first, and maybe I worry a little that they'd get bored hanging out with a bunch of old farts. I would think it would be nice for all teens - in particular the ones that have bees - to have a place to learn about bees, talk about bees, and also talk about all the other stuff that interests them. The kind of other stuff might be things us old farts don't know a thing about - like the latest hot music, or cool video game. This particular part of the forum - this TEEN FORUM - is all for teens. But I hope you don't mind the older group joining in from time to time. Atleast until Buzz and BeeBoy get it really going and full of teens chatting. :)

Oh.... by the way - to Horns Pure Honey - Ryan - I ordered that game you suggested (American Farmer). It should get here in the mail no later than Wed. Really looking forward to it, and thanks for the tip.

Beth :)

Offline buzz

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2005, 03:34:45 pm »
It would be great to have you. As far as I'm concerned, the more teens the better. Wow, we now have five teens!! :D

Don't worry Beth, I don't mind you "older" guys. I just love learning about bees and the whole thing.  :lol:
Scott
----------
----------

Offline Bee Boy

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2005, 06:33:38 pm »
You old "guys" aren't farts,lol :P . I've learned alot from u guys! You're always welcome to hang out with us younger folks. :P

Bee Boy
Bee Boy

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2005, 08:04:09 pm »
Quote from: Beth Kirkley
I'm not a teen, but....

Boy could I get in trouble with this one  :roll:  :wink:
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2005, 08:46:19 pm »
You are welcome for the tip Beth. I am very fond of all of the people on the site that are not teens. When I got My Beekeeping for Dummies book I found out I already had learned half if not 3/4 of the info in the book from you guys. I am trying to get my friends into bees. bye
Ryan Horn

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2005, 01:11:04 am »
Thank you very much Ryan, I'll take those nice words happily. :)

And John...... LOL you be good! I have no idea what is on your mind, but it can't be anything proper....... you are one nutty red-head! How in the world does your wife put up with you? LOL Be nice to your "little sis".

Beth :)

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2005, 08:11:31 am »
Quote from: Horns Pure Honey
The only stupid question is the question not asked.

That's right:

Chinese Proverb:
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever

(from my quotes page)

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2005, 05:57:24 pm »
I guess that saying has been going for a long time, bye
Ryan Horn

Offline WP4FL

• New Bee
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2005, 02:12:59 pm »
Im 15 years old, and im just starting in beekeeping.
  I got interested when my 15 year old friend invited me to see his equipment and he let me try the smoker and stuff like that.
 So that is what got me hooked!

And over here where I live there are plenty of people more than happy if we can go and remove their bees so I think I am going to have a very busy year.

Offline eye388

• New Bee
I get it
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2005, 11:47:10 am »
Quote from: Beth Kirkley
Thank you very much Ryan, I'll take those nice words happily.

Lol, okay i get it now.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2005, 01:59:38 am »
Lol, Beth is like my second mom on here, lol, she wouldnt take me seriously if I wansnt silly, lol. Hard to explain. :D  :lol:
Ryan Horn