Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Young bees  (Read 3466 times)

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
Young bees
« on: November 03, 2010, 04:32:58 pm »
Hi, Question,In the fall -winter do the young bees kick the old bees out at starting of cold weather ?

:piano:
Acts2:37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
Re: Young bees
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 04:44:54 pm »
 just DRones young or old -there not pickey- :lol: RDY-B

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 08:42:04 am »
yep poor old drones... only there for one reason... hope it was good!  :-D

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 10:04:30 am »
The older bees will add warmth for some time before they die and may be needed to defend the hive if the weather gets warm.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 11:05:30 pm »
I was just wondering if they kick the old bees out because I go all summer long and see very few dead bees in front of the hive,then all of a sudden in the beginning of winter I see alot.

:camp:
Acts2:37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 11:09:03 pm »
are any moving or crawling around- :chop:--RDY-B

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 11:14:59 pm »
Losses from robbing I bet.   I have see a bit here this year.   Ants and the yellow jackets are not cleaning up fast enough.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 11:15:05 pm »
Sounds like robbing to me...can you ba more specific?

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 10:41:24 pm »
Yes there is fighting going on at entrance but I didn't know they killed the robbers,do they ? I have some mean bees that fight off robbers well but didn't know they kill so many,do they ? Do they kill them by stinging them ? If so then all mine that sting die too.

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 10:46:15 pm »
are any moving or crawling around- :chop:--RDY-B

Yes

Offline Bee-Bop

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 11:10:07 pm »
After the war was over !

Oh, the hive did survive

Bee-Bop
" If Your not part of the genetic solution of breeding mite-free bees, then You're part of the problem "

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 11:38:52 pm »
Yes there is fighting going on at entrance but I didn't know they killed the robbers,do they ? I have some mean bees that fight off robbers well but didn't know they kill so many,do they ? Do they kill them by stinging them ? If so then all mine that sting die too.
  YEP----YEP and YEP--reduce entrance and make it essayer to protect the hive :ninja:
 ;) RDY-B

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 01:19:30 pm »
Thanks a lot folks.

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 02:58:47 pm »
In the summer you wouldn't see any dead bees around the hive because they will work to there wings fall of and the probable die in some field  :'(

anything