Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Required first post  (Read 3269 times)

Offline Rdrash

• New Bee
Required first post
« on: September 02, 2013, 05:13:10 pm »
Making the first post for registration.

Have been lurking a long time, have several other friends that keep up here that have talked me into giving it a go. Hoping acres and acres of strawberries and endless fireweed will make for some okay honey.

Only current question is there a way to put a user on "ignore" so I do not have to see the posts they make?

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
Re: Required first post
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 05:44:01 pm »
Welcome to the forum RD.

Moots

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 07:01:35 pm »
Only current question is there a way to put a user on "ignore" so I do not have to see the posts they make?

WOW!...LMAO!
First post and it's already to this point.  :) Should be interesting.  :laugh:

Welcome to the forum.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 07:47:36 pm »
Just in case you find a way, I'm getting one last post in for you to see before you ignore me.   :evil:   :-D  Glad you decided to join.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 08:48:15 pm »
Should be interesting.

yup

and bees don't do strawberries.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 08:57:47 pm »
Kathy, don't tell the strawberry farmers here that. They pay well for pollination hives.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 09:23:28 pm »
Not here.   Bees don't go on until raspberries.   
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 09:40:11 pm »
Maybe you have more native bees than we do.         

Though honey bees do pollinate strawberry plants, Williams said it's clear that native bees are the main pollinators, a discovery that could give both strawberry production and beekeeping a boost.

http://www.agriculture.purdue.edu/AgAnswers/story.asp?storyID=3087

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 10:03:50 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Rdrash.  Hope you and your bees are doing well.  I have a pic of my oldest son and your neighbor.  He used to work on the north slope close to Dead Horse.

Joe

Offline Rdrash

• New Bee
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 12:02:58 am »
Seriously bee's don't really like strawberries? Well the 20 acres of strawberries sure are going to miss out.  Thanks for the welcome.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 01:56:14 am »
Aw, maybe your bees will like strawberries.  I have 25 acres of crimson clover mixed with hairy vetch. The local guy that knows all plants and what bees get from each told me when I started that bees will work the vetch but not the clover.  Well they loved the clover and almost don't touch the vetch.  Some of the different bees I have had some will work some flowers and the next year the bees don't.  Good luck

Joe

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 02:06:00 pm »
Welcome!
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline OldMech

• Queen Bee
    • The Outyard
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 11:02:49 pm »
Ignore??  oh man... that would drive me nutz... i could still see the replies... then i would have to UN ignore to see why the replies, then RE ignore once I got my dander all in an uproar... LOL Welcome!

OH!!!   My bees DO like the strawberries, the cukes, etc... and for goodness sake DONT let the broccoli go to long and flower or you will have a stampede..  Wife was afraid to go in the garden.. i had to go show her that the bees were harmless away from their hives and petted a few....  yeah.. I got carried away and got stung..  fortunately she didnt seem to notice....
   Corn.. i read somewhere bees do NOT get pollen from corn... maybe they dont, but my sweet corn patch usually sounds like a disturbed hive there are so many bees, so they like something about the corn.
39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.

anything