Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: ANYONE WANT A FREE HIVE??????  (Read 2550 times)

Offline PAKMANN2K

• Brood
ANYONE WANT A FREE HIVE??????
« on: July 21, 2006, 01:47:56 am »
DO YOU WANT SOME BEES? I HAVE A NEST IN A FIELD BEHIND MY HOUSE. I NEED TO HAVE IT REMOVED. THEY ARE FORAGING FOR WATER AT MY POOL AND SUBSEQUENTLY INTIMIDATING MY FAMILY AND HAVE STUNG MY PETS TO THE POINT THAT OUR YARD HAS BECOME UNUSABLE DURING DAYTIME HOURS. PROBLEM I HAVE IS, I CANNOT HAVE THEM PROFESSIONALLY REMOVED BECAUSE THE PROPERTY IS NOT MINE. THEY ARE IN A  HUGE FIELD UNDER THE POWERLINES IN MY AREA. THIS FIELD IS NOT MAINTAINED AND IS USED FOR LOCALS TO RIDE MOTORCYCLES IN AND OCCASSIONALLY PEOPLE DUMP STUFF THERE. (GARBAGE) I DON'T WANT TO HARM THE BEES BUT I HAVE BEEN AT BAY FOR WEEKS NOW AND THE CITY HAS NOT ACTED EITHER. I MAY NEED TO SEEK A POISON TO ERADICATE THEM BUT DON'T WISH TO DO SO. ALSO, IS THERE A WAY TO DETER THE BEES FROM VISITING MY YARD. I AM TALKING HUNDREDS A DAY.

P. KAISER - PAKMANN2K@HOTMAIL.COM

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 07:40:55 am »
Your profile doesn't list your location. It is hard for anyone to help you if we have no idea what city and state you live in.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline fcderosa

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 08:40:12 am »
Kinda would be helpful knowing where you're located :)
The good life is honey on a Ritz.

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 09:06:42 am »
No problemo, I'll just send out a few of my scouts to find the colony. Just Kiddin'. Where are you  :?:

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 11:47:32 am »
have you seen the hive?  if not, i'll hazard a guess that they are not bees.  they are probably yellow jackets and stirred up out of the ground by the kids riding.

they are very aggressive at this time of the year.  if you can not get someone to identify them for you ASAP, go to the feed store or hardware store and get a couple of yellow jacket traps.  put them around the edges of your property, especially on the field side.

if you want to try to identify them for yourself, take a piece of meat (big enough that they can't carry it off, but not toooo big)  and standby back to watch.  yellow jackets will swarm meat in short order.  honey bees will not.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Brian Sisson

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 01:03:04 pm »
Another easy way to tell-
If you see some type of bee floating in your pool, let it crawl up on your finger.  A honey bee will dry its wings and then fly off.  Any other type of bee will dry its wings, sting you, then fly off.

Trust me.
-B.